• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N Scale train

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I thought I was the only model train nut on here. With the models that I inherited from my father, and what I own, I have some 1500 cars, and 750 locomotives.
And before you think that is a lot, my father was in the hobby for 60 years, and I have been collecting/building for 37.:jumpin::mrgreen:

:shock: wow. all i have are about 20 good locomotives.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That tanker was on my list of things to get, but was never able to find one at a good price.
Check epay, I found a lot of my 1/87 (HO) there, even some very rare, search 1/87 roco, 1/87 trident

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Another place to look is Walthers .com, thay are a major HO supplier, search military vehicle

gunboy1656

Another place to look is Walthers .com, thay are a major HO supplier, search military vehicle

That is where all my trucks came from. I was not into epay at that time.

Found a website from Germany or some place like that, they carried 10 ton trucks and a bunch of other trucks that most don't carry.

Man now I know what I am doing tomorrow night, build a couple more trucks.

That wrecker is another item I have been wanting.

gunboy1656

12Bravo, I don't know how you can work with that scale even in my 20's I could barely see the details, now in my 30's I don't even try.

I give you a thumbs up for being able to do it.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"That's ok you got the flat bed I was hunting for"

The unit in set1, pic 5, was made in two runs, the first in the early 80s had a semi-gloss OD, the second which is easier to find was from the 90s to not quite present, it had a flater, lighter OD.

The 870/931 combo in set 3, pics 6, 7, the 870 may be hard to find, out of roco ptoduction, was also made by Broly (not spelled right) though not as nice in detail as roco, the 931 is still curent production.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awww... N scale is so cute!

I however, model in 12in = 1ft scale. I need a whole lot more than a 4'x8' sheet of plywood to build my layout!:cool:

Attachments

jamesfrom180

Un-cool! 1:1 scale is not right. I'll stick to my G scale. Haven't touch an N for a long time though as a kid I had a decent layout 2x8 with turn loops. I'll admit I tore it up. But what fun for a kid and his dad.

Varyag

I have a pretty massive HO collection from being a kid to now. There is a lot of really cool MV stuff in HO.

1500 and 750?! I thought 350 cars and 80 engines made me weird.

Ferro, where do you store all of that? Is there a way to swap your bearings so you can move that stuff on main line rail?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks