• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jefferson City, MO

04Silversti

Just won an auction for the first time on a M35A3. Was wondering if anyone on here lives out that way, I'm waiting for the EUC to clear but my main concern is I want to make sure someone can go check on it for me and start it and make sure it would be driveable to the chicagoland area. It looks very nice but on GL pics and vids can be decieving. Ive heard a lot of stories about brakes not working and leaks and stuff like that, I want to know if i need my buddy to go down there with a lowboy to scoop it up.

91W350

Scooping it up would be safest. We just recovered a very nice looking and running A3 at Riley and the transmission was bad. No preview in the world would have helped him out. It was a sad deal. I normally am all for going and driving if they have brakes, but the advancement to auto transmissions adds a certain non-repairable on the road risk. Your best bet would be just to ask Mike about it, he is one of the best GL has. Glen

04Silversti

Awesome, thanks. Can I actually have him look at it and drive it in the lot? Or is that something that is frowned upon? I know he is only there a few times a week

91W350

I never asked him to drive one, he is very honest and straight forward. Normally they will not let you move the vehicles until you are there to sign them out. He is a good guy, he may be able to hook you up with the DRMO guys that would know. They had several really nice running A3s when we picked up our Hummer earlier this year. They were shuffling them around like crazy, the Missouri was threatening to leave it banks and submerge the lower lot. Glen

Alredneck

Banned
$1.75 a loaded mile insured. I have three 5tons ahead of you and some odd ball equipment but will be going throught that area on a few runs so can fit you in the mix. Newer trator we just got in and it is running like a top. Let me know if I can be of help.

a1abdj

I picked up two A3s from the last auction that were in pretty good shape, probably a bit better than the most recent group. We did give the others a quick look, and spoke with Mike a bit about them. He said most of them were driven on to the lot, and was more honest that I expected when I asked him about ours. He flat out told us that we wouldn't have a problem driving our two home....and we didn't.

I'm just outside of St. Louis. If you did decide to drive them and had any problems in the area, I would be happy to help.

I would be more concerned about the tires than anything else. Several of the tires in the photos of the recent trucks appeared low or downright flat. Both of the trucks that I picked up had a few 1998 tires on them. After seeing some of the horror stories, I wouldn't drive one of these trucks if it had ever been sitting on flats in the front.

04Silversti

Thanks a1abdj, thats great to know, is there a way i can contact you if something happens, im waiting for the EUC to clear and Ill let you know beforehand when we leave the chicagoland area. if something were to happen, is there a surplus parts place around there?

a1abdj

Just PM'd you my info. I'll also add that Alredneck's pricing is very, very reasonable. If you're looking to have it trucked (I believe they have the ability to ramp the trucks onto trailers at this lot), I would seriously consider his offer.

a1abdj

If you wanted to meet up on the way down, I would be happy to meet up with you in one of the trucks if you haven't seen one before. That way you can see how everything works prior to showing up to pick yours up.

04Silversti

That would be great, I know they have a goofy light switch setup and the regular switches arent marked from any of the interior shots from what I have seen. ive driven trucks before but nothing like this

Stein12501

I live about 20 miles from there. Just the other side of the river. I purchased my M35A2 there and they are good people to work with. If I can be of any help let me know. I'm out of town till Wend. of next week but will back after that. Just let me know.

RealCavDog

I was watching all those, but after the price they went for a few months ago at Jeff City, I also was watching the 3 at Ft. Riley, and ended up pulling the trigger on the 1999 model !

Really wanted a winch, but wanted the fiberglass hood, low miles with matching hours and late serial number more ! The Jeff City ones went much lower than I expected though ! Darn it ! Will be bobbing an A2 next, so that will have to be the wincher !

Have all the Missouri ones saved, PM me which one you won, or post, they all looked pretty good, and most looked to be from aviation units, as was mine !

Congratulations and good luck, and hoping that all goes well with both of our recovery plans !

Last edited:

rwbrown72

$1.75 a loaded mile insured. I have three 5tons ahead of you and some odd ball equipment but will be going throught that area on a few runs so can fit you in the mix. Newer trator we just got in and it is running like a top. Let me know if I can be of help.
Be sure and get a set date or a date range with this guy.

He has cheap prices if you can get him to show up! I couldn't find him after he agreed to the load. I'm just saying.... check out who you use as a trucking company. He did the same thing to a friend of mine too and still hasn't brought the truck after several weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks