• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new air petcock and air accessory system

Status
Not open for further replies.

HASSON1911

i kept the original on there since thats the reservoir tank not as much water will get in that one. so ill only have to drain it about every two weeks to a month

HASSON1911

eh. i know what the TM says but its not as necessary on the secondary tank. my uncle ran these in Vietnam and owns a couple still the manual says it because you never know who drove it last or whos going to drive it. and to bear i think i might get a cable set up but i like the air hose i got, so if i get a flat i can run an air jack, a impact gun. so if i ever get a flat the change time is substantially cut down. or if anyone with a flat on the road i could also help. REMEMBER: air tools will always beat manual work... as long as they work :mrgreen:

bearboley

I seen your airhose set up but under the right side of your dash should be a airline with a 1/4 turn valve it could be plugged or have a fitting already in it for a hose. Anyhow thats where mine is, I keep the hose in the toolbox. I guess you Coulda used a tee and put the drain cock on one side. But different strokes for different folks.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
So your using the tank that gets the most water in it to run air tools? For a youngin, I hope you got deep pockets, air tools don't like water.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
When the air leaves the compressor it is hot, it cools down by the time it gets to the tanks=== moisture! And MdMorgan is right air tools no like moisture it kills them fast! I drive on the road all day long and in the summer i have to drain my tanks every other day and my truck has an air dryer on it and i still get water in the tanks. Part of owning one of thees trucks is knowing how to take care of them too.[thumbzup] I would listen to the advise of the guys that have been working/driving thees trucks longer than you have been alive, you just might learn something!

HASSON1911

ya im not knocking you guys in your knowledge. and i know how an air compressor works haha. but a little water wont hurt them as long as you keep them oiled and fire them after use. another part of owning these trucks is knowing how to use them and improve them. as i ordered a 2 stage air dryer tonight. i know im young but i've work on a farm all my life with 4 mechanics with a combined 180 years of mechanic work on semi's, tractor, cars and trucks. i do know the risk of what happens if you don't operate tools properly. but hey thanks guys for the concerns :-D

Heath_h49008

One of the benefits of the trucks I'm looking at is the air system. I should have an air tank available from a guy who is parting out a batwing that I can use to increase my capacity.

The valve looks fine, just put a t-connector and make sure you drain the other tank at the same time, no big deal. But, just from my experience in moist Michigan shops, you are going to want to do it EVERY night you run it. Think about the job of replacing them if they rust out, or replacing trashed tools, and it's an easy decision.

****, on the tool line you could install a dryer and an oiler from Harbor Freight and have a darn nice mobile shop air supply for 1/2 gal of diesel an hour.

HASSON1911

hey thanks heath for the advice i think ill make another swing by the store on monday to t it in ya know what the saying goes rather be safe then sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks