• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new air petcock and air accessory system

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you just need air use the glad hand on the back of the truck. You can get the air hose at any truck stop store.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well today i decided i hate crawling under my truck to drain the air tanks so i did some thinking.
The center of the new drain valve is about 2 inches further under the truck. I see no gain there.

On most of my trucks, I have added a 2.5" long, 1/2-20 bolt to the drain valve handle. This makes it much easier to rotate.

HASSON1911

actually i don't have to crawl under the truck now today i tap both tanks to one valve that i can reach by just crouching and not getting my a** or back dirty. my truck for some reason doesn't have that valve under the dash someone must have taken it out before i bought it. and i'm pretty happy with this set up probably will buy a cable petcock in the near future but for now she works and holds air for over 24 hours.

HASSON1911

dog there is a gain though the valve it self is farther back the lever is a couple inches farther out. also its bigger and lower than than frame... thus easier to get at. also capital isn't capitalized in capital letters because its an adjective[thumbzup](i thank you for your concern though). plus i wouldn't go to NASA tho to get help anyways seeing as most of them just lost their jobs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me make this a bit more clear, follow the rules you agreed to when you joined.

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks