• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 M35A2C paint

Welder Sam

Exactly what is the eanamel olive drab that the air force used on the straight od M35A2C? I've read tons of search results to include, but not limited to : wwII, korea, vietnam, marine corps, carc, 3 color. I do hope someone has the correct info. I would be just fine having it mixed locally or ordering from online sources.

Thank you for your time

emr

Well, The strata blue would sure be the coolest, My M 35a2 was a 1967 and was strata under the cab. and as an NJ guard truck later was a faded solid green of who knows the color, Now as for 1987, I would guess almost all could be correct, But I am guessing, But if there were still Strata Blue trucks then in service with them that would be my choice for sure, Good luck, I am sure U will get the correct answer and it may be a few different colors ...here...

Welder Sam

Strata blue? Is that the dark blue that most usaf vehicles were painted? Ive seen an ex-af deuce that was a faded od with a shiney new od fuel tank. It'd be difficult to fathom any type of blue in the name..

Doug Roberts

I have a M35A2C that is not here yet and it's painted Desert now , planning to redo it in Desert. I have one M923A2 painted with military Deep Forest Green , not OD. Appears the military used this in the '90's . I got this from Delk's - http://delksarmynavysurplus.com/ . It did ok , but I'm having better results with a Rustoleum Camo Deep Forest Green. Military paint is really not necessary at all . As long as you have a rust free surface , a rust preventative primer and sealed in nice with a quality product that matches color with a military tone.

Jeepsinker

What you are looking for is oil based industrial enamel mixed to the F.S paint code for olive drab. Should be listed in the very first post of the first sticky in this section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks