• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driveway sails???

andytk5

Has anybody installed "driveway sails" that cover the driveway for shade and rain cover? Looking for something to cover the Deuce to keep my "facist" neighbor outta my business and provide shade for me working on the truck. Ill have a side panel as well blocking the side.

Some companies have 1yr warranty
Residential Backyard Shade Sails : Creative Shade Solutions, Inc. Tampa , Florida
some are 10yr
Shade Sails - Sun Sail & Shades

Have no experience with these are what last longest/best quality.

I checked my city code, all good since its not a tractor/semi and its not commercial over 20'. Still need the shade though..

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question.
thanks!

tamangel

I would think that, if the 'sail' is not permanent, portable and easily removed (temporary) you should be OK with it. Is there a HOA where you live? May be some concerns there. Although your reading of the city codes indicate no violations, may want to check with the code guys in person to get their interp. of the same sections with your pursuit in mind.

Mike

haven't read about Fascism (that's what was meant, right?) lately, check out here, interesting with points I was unaware of:
Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

andytk5

I would think that, if the 'sail' is not permanent, portable and easily removed (temporary) you should be OK with it. Is there a HOA where you live? May be some concerns there. Although your reading of the city codes indicate no violations, may want to check with the code guys in person to get their interp. of the same sections with your pursuit in mind.

Mike

haven't read about Fascism (that's what was meant, right?) lately, check out here, interesting with points I was unaware of:
Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good points in the code area, I have actually had a cheap Northern tool shade awning 20x12 for 2 years or so. No problems with that. It looks like crap now and I have wanted to do the sails for the last 3 years. No HOA here, just city codes on boats and rv's or commercial vehicles, none of which apply.

My fascist neighbor wants to purge my percieved "decadence" off "his" street. He reported me to the city 10 times about my boat being in front instead of on the side of my house. The city code does apply to over 20' boats in set back. He has his boat sitting in front, yet it is 17'... Basically just an A-hole.. And my boat is not a pile. He denies it but the other neighbors have told me about him being a "code nazi" and reporting them years before I moved in.. I've actually watched him call a tow company when my neighbor's wife had a garage sale and somebody's tire was halfway in his yard, no joke..

Anyhow, sail ideas. Trying to do it on a budget of course, just wondered if anyone had some experience with this.

Thanks for the reply

downeast

I installed sails in front of my shop to provide shade while working outside. I got custom ones made from a decent on-line outfit and I thought they were pretty reasonable. I'll pm you their web address.

andytk5

I installed sails in front of my shop to provide shade while working outside. I got custom ones made from a decent on-line outfit and I thought they were pretty reasonable. I'll pm you their web address.
sweet truck in your avatar BTW!

Awesome! Saw some "desert/beige colored tarps that can be used (cheap) but much rather a sail type material to strech between the two posts at the end of the driveway and then attach to the house eves. thinking 20x30~..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks