• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio and antenna mounts for the M422A1

Gunny1

Question 1...
Has anyone done the research on where the radio mount( MT-1029) is actually located in the back of the mite?

Question 2...
Some Vietnam era pictures that Ive seen, show a antenna mount on the drivers side back beside the tailgate. I have never been able to find a pic or diagram that shows what kind of mount this is and how mounted so not to get in the way of blackout lights or trailer electrical hookups.

Can anyone help??

Don

M422A1 SN# 1711

saddamsnightmare

November 29, 2012.

Gunny 1:

I had a headquarters Mighty Mite, SN 2043, back in the 1970's and early 1980's. My memory is that the radio antenna mount was fitted to either the left rear fender (or possibly the right one), on the rear face, and part of the mount used the stamping or rain lip, that protected the rear reflectors on the back panel of the fenders (by the tailgate). Mine did not have the antenna base or the radio & base in it, but I was able to locate a typical WWII Quartermaster vehicle mounted radio and a Vietnam era base insulator. I suspect that the base per se was a fabricated sheet metal part, either of aluminum or steel, designed to fit in the reflector recess and use the bolt holes for mounting. They had knocked a hole or drilled a hole in to get the cable through into the fender boxes. The radio in mine was mounted behind the driver's seat facing the rear, on an angle iron stand bolted to the floor. You should find 4 or 6 boltholes in the floorpan in that area behind the seat.
I probably had photos of it, but three moves later I could not swear as to where they are....Perhap's 2043's owner will chime in and provide photos of the set up! Good Luck[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks