• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Guntruck build.

jatonka

It looks like 24087 Olive Drab, Semi Gloss. If so, it is correct for Vietnam era issued trucks. As they were repainted over there, some people added a little black paint to the semi gloss to darken it. As the gun trucks evolved year to year, many, even most, were painted black. JT

L1A1

It looks like 24087 Olive Drab, Semi Gloss. If so, it is correct for Vietnam era issued trucks. As they were repainted over there, some people added a little black paint to the semi gloss to darken it. As the gun trucks evolved year to year, many, even most, were painted black. JT
I've always wondered about that. Looking at color photos taken from the period, they looked like they were black but was always told by the "experts" that "no your color blind, that truck is just really dark OD."
Matt

SMOKEWAGON66

Well, it looks great except you've got the Company wrong. It should be 64t instead of 54t.
Oh crap. Well, I did the best I could by looking at the pics lol. I should have asked, but I get a little over-zealous sometimes. I will order new ones ASAP. Until they come though, I will leave these on there. Thanks for the input mini.

vtdeucedriver

WOW I got to pay more attention!! All this time I still thought you were doing your Fictional truck.

Outstanding that your building "Highland Animals" :D

SMOKEWAGON66

What number paint did you use?
I was going to use Gillespie 24087, but since my financials are not exactly cooperating with this hobby, I went with Behr premium, since I was going mostly for look. I used a color sample from a part that I had laying around that had the green that looked the most similar to the truck Im building. Thats what turned out. It looks very similar in my opinion, but I know its not exact. Im hoping nobody notices so shhhhh. One of these days, If I ever happen upon a windfall, I do intent to take the truck to a professional automotive painter and have it done right...I hate painting. I can get a pic of the tag on the paint can with the code from HomeDepot if you want.

onegmjack

I'm no painter,I can do the mechanical part but not the paint.My frist auto body repair was putting bondo in my door,worked ok till it rained and fell out.No one said to use a grinder.
That was my first and last paint and body work.The paint looks great you put on your truck.My truck was painted with a brush sometime by the military.

L1A1

I like the "halfway" pic the best. There's just something so cool about an M35 w/o canvas & it's windshield folded :driver: :drool:. It's a look that you don't see all to often.
Matt

lock-up101

I painted mine 3 parts 24087 to one part gunship black. Exactly the shade I was looking for. Go to my web page at Hoosier Hot-Shot and click on vehicles. I named mine "Rolling Thunder" the nickname of my unit in Nam. IT sports a mini gun on the ring mount, an M60 and .30 cal in front of the bed, two M2HBs mid bed, and a working quad 50 on the rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks