• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slowest deuce restoration ever

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Besides the pressure regulator your installation should include a water separator, right before the air hose connection, like in this kit.

More about water condensation and how to avoid it, here.

G.

Woodsplinter

Looks great JC!
If you have an Ace Hardware nearby I use them extensively for deuce nuts and bolts. Lots of hard to find sizes, grade 5 & 8, and stainless.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you keep water ( condensation) out of the paint gun? Never had that happen before.
I get this often when using my compressor for long periods, such as spraying or using the needle scaler.

Just buy a couple of these: Disposable Inline Moisture Filter. I switch them out after each prolonged use, as cheap as they are you can't afford not to. And they work! I haven't had any problems with moisture spitting from the paint gun once these are screwed onto the handle of the spray gun.

I also tried the Inline Desiccant Filter, but it quickly filled with moisture and once the moisture saturated the desiccant, it started spraying out of the tool once again. Stick with the inline filter, it works great and is cheaper.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to install one of those as well...I've been toying with the idea of installing gas lift cylinders (like as used on hatchbacks et. al.) on the hood to hold itself open like a modern vehicle. But haven't had a chance to do any research yet on anything viable.

Looking good Joe, keep up the good work!

JCKnife

I thinned with Xylene. 1 part to 4 parts.

What I learned today: Painting on the Gillespie is about 10X EASIER than spraying the Rusty Metal Primer. Just not near as thick as the primer is.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks