• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1970 w300 Tele Maintenance Truck

citizensoldier

I am not to familiar with these trucks so forgive my ignorance. In the top of the cab did they just have a some type vinyl head liner? Mine has a big hole between the two layers. Any pictures of this? Is there any supplier for reproduction body parts? I need some new running lights for the top of the cab too if anybody has a idea where i can find some?

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Pulled this truck around last week to move a water trailer. It started and was running fine, I backed up to the trailer and it stalled..Rrrrrrr start, stall...Rrrrr start... stall... Out of gas? Add 5 gallons and the same thing.Rrrrrr start, stall. Ok,:? fuel filter clogged?? New fuel filter= same thing.. Hmmm Carb must be gummed up! On to Egay and through the woods to the gnome home. Two days later, brand new out of the box carburetor installed..= Rrrrr,Rrrrr,Rrrrrr start.. blub, blub,,same thing.. Start and stall start and stall.. Garden gnome deductive reasoning = Fuel pump!!! Saddled up the Turkish **** hound and off to the village parts store...Install new fuel pump..= same thing.. Hmmm, hmmm,hmmmm. Seems to be not getting fuel?? Pull fuel tank pick up and its clean as a whistle both tank and pick up tube.. still stumped?? Next I replace all the fuel lines and?? You guessed it! Rrrrrr!, Rrrrr! starts.. and.. wait for it... stall! still the same thing.. Ok now I am really stumped!! My last thought after having to walk away before the phosphorus grenade is used, is cam lobe for fuel pump? Was this a common problem with the 1970 318 engines? I know some of the 70's GM motors had major cam wear issues. Or any other ideas? Could this be a ignition issue some how? My next attempt will be a electric fuel pump..

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane,
When it stalls and before you do anything else, check to see if there is gas in the carb.
Remember it's a Dodge so it needs to be on high idle for about 10 minutes when the air temp is below 60°F :roll:

If you rule out fuel, make sure the spark control module has a good ground.

citizensoldier

Thanks guys I was headed to the ignition next.Had the thought of maybe a bad coil, carb seems to have fuel when stalled. It warmed up before I pulled it up to the trailer. Had to drive from out back to the front so it was strange this 318 purred like a kitten. Only one out of 5 lol.. I know the location of such parts on the M880 trucks but will have to do some digging to figure this old gal out. Not the same as a m880 at all.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks