• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Internal Voltage Regulator

bottleworks

The internal regulator of the deuce alternator has failed. It apparently failed sometime ago... The stock regulator is fused to the back cover of the alternator cover with electronics goo. Does anyone know where to get a replacement regulator. How about an after-market version if they are hard to come by (Or a lot of money $$$).

It's a 60 amp Prestolite electric inc. NSN: 2920-00-909-2483. Part No. 10929868.

davemccoull

Voltage regulator

Good morning all
When you get the new regulator, it comes as a unit, the complete end case. All you do is disconnect your old one, connect your new one, grease the "O" ring, push the end case back in and away you go.
Dave.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, here is a picture of the "guts" of one of my parts units. It's a Leece-Neville 60 amp alternator.
They sure cleaned it up and with a connector and all (different brand and age, I know).
Bottom line is, make sure you order the right thing.

PS. I also read somewhere that some 60 amp alternators are "set up" for 25 amps, anybody actually tested their alternator for a 60 amp output?

Attachments

bottleworks

Just finished installing the generator. It now works great. New regulator and fresh brushes did the trick. For the Prestolite generator, the regulator controls the field by grounding wire #2. The rotor always has power. My original regulator would not provide ground.

I don't see how they would cut the output in half unless they made the stator windings half the size? Hmm...Not sure... I don't have access to a 24 volt load tester to see the true output of this unit. :( Anyone have one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks