• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vision block covers?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so I got a BUNCH of these in with some stuff I bought a while ago. I could never figure out exactly what they were, although the NSN referenced a Bradley, so that was my only guess.

Tonight, I took these pics to post pics here and ask if anyone knew what they were.

Then, I saw this thread, and thought "Gee, Maybe I'll see them in one of the pics."

The first few pics had me slightly bummed, but then, much to my srurprise, there they are in the 4th pic (of the interior)! Are these covers for vision blocks? Anybody know if the military would like to buy some spares back? ;)

Do any of you active duty folks need any spares over there in Iraq? If you can ship 'em, I can supply 'em!

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They look like a combination of crash pad (to keep you from whanging yourself in the face trying to look out while moving) and light discipline cover
(to keep interior light from being seen from outside through the vision block at night).
I cant tell if they have the plastic lens in them, if so that is a spall shield to keep you from getting glass fragments splattered on you if the vision block takes a hit.

My V100 has similar pads, but without the blackout covers.

Cheers

Attachments

combat32

They are black out covers for Bradley vision blocks, might be some active duty Joe's out there that could use them, I remember times when the budget was tight and we couldn't get class 9 parts like that.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, like I said, I'll gladly donate them to those active duty guys who could use them, rather than scrap them. Actually, since they're made of so many materials, it wouldn't be worth the fuel money and time for me to scrap them anyway. I'd probably just toss them in the dumpster, but I hate to do that if some guys could use them.

daniel17319

There not really that important most the time they end up coming off and the mechanics never order new ones, weather you put them on your 5988 or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks