• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

ramdough

I hear a lot of..... been X years and paint looks great with some touch ups....

Does that mean you guys are having to touch up from age or you ran into a tree and touched up the damage?

My non MV car friends are scoffing at using house paint. How tough is it compared to oil based paints?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Touch up only when needed
Tree scratches or part changes.
If it's durable for your house it's durable for your truck.

The behr marquis is great
Easy to do holds up super great
Tell your friends not to knock it unless they've tried it.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn’t paint a classic car with it ... but you could. And it would stick.

Paint has come a long way. With the latex enamels today, I don’t see much need in ever using an oil based paint again.

The Sherwin Williams store recommended a paint for ocean shipping containers. It’s a latex enamel, just like the Behr.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The magical trio:
Behr Ultra 383 Green
Gillespie 383 Brown
Rustoleum Flat Camo Black

The black was drying when photos were taken, by now it's seamlessly black and smooth. I've painted many truck with these trio and they always look sharp.

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve had good luck with the exterior flat. Has anyone ever tried the gloss on anything. I have a mil project that requires a gloss finish or ar least satin.

Doc2012

I’ve had good luck with the exterior flat. Has anyone ever tried the gloss on anything. I have a mil project that requires a gloss finish or ar least satin.
I did.

It sucked.

I used the satin on my 4Runner fenders, and it didn’t stick worth a damn.

Peeled right away.

Flat on the hood, done in 2016, is STILL going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did.

It sucked.

I used the satin on my 4Runner fenders, and it didn’t stick worth a damn.

Peeled right away.

Flat on the hood, done in 2016, is STILL going strong.

That’s strange. Wonder if it was a bad batch?

Of course CARC Is like glue for paint. Satin sticks to it well. Even to a finish like the 1101. Satin isn’t quite as forgiving as flat if you aren’t careful when spraying it. I noticed some flat spots that didn’t get enough paint. Maybe it didn’t “fill” the CARC enough? Just food for thought.

Doc2012

That’s strange. Wonder if it was a bad batch?

Of course CARC Is like glue for paint. Satin sticks to it well. Even to a finish like the 1101. Satin isn’t quite as forgiving as flat if you aren’t careful when spraying it. I noticed some flat spots that didn’t get enough paint. Maybe it didn’t “fill” the CARC enough? Just food for thought.
So, it’s not CARC; that’s crappy rustoleum bed liner.

And I didn’t spray it, I just brushed/rolled it.

I did it the same way i did with the flat; soap and water, sponge, and a hose; let it dry, and put it on.

No idea why it didn’t stick as well as the flat, but it didn’t.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This will stay inside so that should help. The flat I have used is great. lays down nice and weathers well

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks