• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

McMacy

Picked up a gallon of Marquee today in Field Drab. Used the FS code as described here. On a budget so buying the paint a gallon at a time. Planning to paint our mobile home (cabin to us) in the Winter Verdant. It's located on 40 acres in northern Peninsula . The original plan was to paint last year but had too many irons in the fire. We live in a house near Kal City and bought the property for recreation. I have a projector that can be hooked up to the our lap top to project the following pattern.camo_flat.jpg

At Home Depot the paint tech asked what we were painting, so I said metal and he said 'Marquee is what you want.' The game plan is to get Forest Green 34079 2 gals, Field Drab30118 2 gals, 1 gal each of Sand 30277 & Black 37038. Planning to spray the 1,136 sqft with a Wagner. Then, the long July 4th weekend, paint it. I'll post pix when it's done.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

We live in a house near Kalamazoo and bought the property for recreation. I have a projector that can be hooked up to the our lap top to project the following pattern.View attachment 764446
The projector sounds like a cool item:

- Does it work (so you can SEE the image) even in daylight?

PS See that you're relatively new here, so if you haven't been welcomed here yet, here's a welcome! Cheers

McMacy

- Does it work (so you can SEE the image) even in daylight?

...here's a welcome! Cheers
Thanks for the 'welcome'.

Don't know the projector particulars yet.

So just now ready and able to do some exterior upgrades and 'beautification' projects. I know the projector works in low light conditions, e.g. inside with typical ambient light. Using it at noon will probably be a no go. In the coming weeks it will be checked for image size projection and to see if I can use it for a template. Perfection is the goal, but is rarely achieved on any of my projects.

Last edited:

McMacy

Been thinking of military style names for the trailer/shelter/cabin/etc to stencil on one of the corners. Looked at various trailers and associated equipment for inspiration:

SHELTER, EXPEDITIONARY, UNARMORED, MOBILE
MODEL M6611A1 CAP 8
082560-101860-021884-051785-052489
CLAYTON HOMES, INC
LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY MFG 1995

Another Ahab

Last year involved extra insulation, gate, interior paint, deep cleaning, painted the conex (which brought me here), rebuilt the well house, improved well house heaters, laid in storage food and water, set up firing range, explored the property and countryside, hung no trespassing signs, set up game cameras, visiting kayak spots, worked on outdoor kitchen with fire ring and associated gear, mouse abatement, etc.

Perfection is the goal, but is rarely achieved on any of my projects.
Japanese tradition (ceramics anyway), says the potter must deliberately mark-up the piece (mess it up) if it gets anywhere NEAR perfection:

- Humility has its place, and you don't want to tempt the gods with your arrogance

That attitude has a certain appeal, you know? Also helps to soften the sting when you screw something up!

But, hey, a game camera:

- Do you all have Marten or Wolverines up there?

Please, if you do and you catch one on the camera, you GOT to post it (start a thread). That would be cool. They're awesome.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Wait a minute. That last post is approaching hijack territory:

- The tread is about BEHR paint

Dare you to paint a (live) wolverine (with a 3" brush), polka-dotted, in BEHR paint, and post the pic...

maineoffroad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello there does anybody have a pic of the home depot label for a gallon of desert tan fs 33446 so my paint guy can make it he cant find it thanks rob

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello there does anybody have a pic of the home depot label for a gallon of desert tan fs 33446 so my paint guy can make it he cant find it thanks rob
Have your paint guy do the following list of the FS codes in the HD paint computer is found by going under "Competitor Color look up" and selecting Federal Standard as the manufacturer then have them enter just the five number code.

McMacy

Have your paint guy do the following list of the FS codes in the HD paint computer is found by going under "Competitor Color look up" and selecting Federal Standard as the manufacturer then have them enter just the five number code.
This works!

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started from page one. Then coffee got cold. So I started from page 86 and went down. Just painting an M1101 to go with my 923. I will look at the #34094 but may just bring in a paint chip to match up since I am not painting the truck. Do not want the trailer to look tooo nice. Truck is clean but i'm sure faded. It may get the WD40 treatment some of you speak of.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have painted two 923A2’s that gave heavy CARC. So paint sticks like epoxy.

I painted a 101A2 and an 1101. Paint sticks (after curing) as well as Rustoleum or any oil based paint.

I would paint any MV with this stuff. I even paint tarps with it with great luck.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All though the flat paint always looked like it came straight from the factory the problem. Slide buy that over hanging branch and it leaves skid marks. Believe if I did never repaint with a satin would have my vote.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wednesday night. Crazy hot and humid. Started on the trailer. Could not find my mask so the t shirt was re purposed. Was fun getting my head through the arm. Set the brake and propped it up with a 2X4. Finished the 1st coat at 11:30. Looked at it this morning and not too happy with the color. Had it matched to a part off the truck. Looked good when mixed and put some on the part and dried it but now looks a little to olive drab. The truck is a little brighter. Will rethink before the 2nd coat. Maybe just have the FS color made up??
IMG_3687.jpg IMG_3688.jpgIMG_3686.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks