• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

M715VFD405

Ok it's not behr it's Sherwin Williams but it looks good to me. This isn't a faster way to do things and yeah it might be a little cheaper but not by much and your gonna be hunting down the spots you missed for a while, I know I will be but here is mine all finished up. 20130428_162500.jpg20130428_162516.jpg

M715VFD405

Thanks Joe that means a lot coming from you I worked hard on it and still didn't get a couple spots but its ready for the parades this year I'm really happy with the color too it turned out nice after fiddling with the shape with the paint people if anyone wants the.codes I can take a pic of.my paint can it was hand done at Sherwin Williams

Keith_J

I've searched all over the site and can't find the new codes for brown and black. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Me too. If Timo247 can ever print out which camo pattern he wants, his 1009 might get done. Outside, of course. He still has to knock down the gloss on the interior (his 1009 had been repainted gloss white). Yeah, he broke the angle grinder tonight so that needs fixing. This project is killing me.

plym49

I went to a HD today and asked the counterman to look up the Federal paint codes. He found the listing - much to his surprise - but did not know what code to enter to find 24087 or 34087. He said there was no other way to look them up, and I did not have access to the info in this thread.

For future reference, what is the HD (BEHR) Federal paint codes for these paints? Maybe something like FSS24087? I'd like to know the codes for 24087, 34087 and 383 CARC.

Thanks.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've posted the information in at least two other threads - do a Google search on "Federal Standard 595" and find the listing for milspeccoatings. It's all there!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I went to a HD today and asked the counterman to look up the Federal paint codes. He found the listing - much to his surprise - but did not know what code to enter to find 24087 or 34087. He said there was no other way to look them up, and I did not have access to the info in this thread.

For future reference, what is the HD (BEHR) Federal paint codes for these paints? Maybe something like FSS24087? I'd like to know the codes for 24087, 34087 and 383 CARC.

Thanks.
They are under federal standard section and on some paint computers it is under federal standard "new book" the code for semi gloss OD 24087 That is the code, rest are flat base with WWII OD 34087, Carc Nato colors are 383 green code = 34094. 383 Brown code= 30051, 911 Black code= 37030, 686 tan code = 33446 . Just had them make a Qt yesterday of earth red FS 30117 for my desert Duce.

Last edited:

plym49

They are under it in their computer under federal standard section and on some paint computers it is under federal standard "new book" the code for semi gloss OD 24087 That is the code, rest are flat base with WWII OD 34087, Carc Nato colors are 383 green code = 34094. 383 Brown code= 30051, 911 Black code= 37030, 686 tan code = 33446 . Just had them make a Qt yesterday of earth red FS 30117 for my desert Duce.
I asked the guy at HD today to try the code 24087. He said it did not work, but while he did find the federal standard colors he did have a bit of an attitude and he would not let me see what he was keying into his computer (top secret public paint codes, after all). Was it that he was not keying in the OD (OD 24087), or was he just doing something wrong?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I asked the guy at HD today to try the code 24087. He said it did not work, but while he did find the federal standard colors he did have a bit of an attitude and he would not let me see what he was keying into his computer (top secret public paint codes, after all). Was it that he was not keying in the OD (OD 24087), or was he just doing something wrong?

Most likely just being lazy or not up to par, they are used to folks walking up with the color card and then just punching in the #'s off the card.\ It is just listed as 24087 in the FS section, no color name on any of the FS colors just their FS code numbers. When I have seen the screen it goes to the federal standard section and all of them are in numerical order, when my guy scrolled to 24087, he then clicked on it, it then showed a square of the color(did not look right), he hit a button and it printed out the label, sent a message to the paint blender and squirted the colors into the can. The last guy I dealt with just wanted the old Behr code, I told him I didn't have it, then he wanted to default to the name, told him I wasn't sure, all those are the easy way finally I told him the last guy looked it up under the FS section by the numbers 24087 and then he finally looked for the FS section and then found it. BTW after he opened the FS section it took all of 6-10 sec before the blender was shooting color.

plym49

Most likely just being lazy or not up to par, they are used to folks walking up with the color card and then just punching in the #'s off the card.\ It is just listed as 24087 in the FS section, no color name on any of the FS colors just their FS code numbers. When I have seen the screen it goes to the federal standard section and all of them are in numerical order, when my guy scrolled to 24087, he then clicked on it, it then showed a square of the color(did not look right), he hit a button and it printed out the label, sent a message to the paint blender and squirted the colors into the can. The last guy I dealt with just wanted the old Behr code, I told him I didn't have it, then he wanted to default to the name, told him I wasn't sure, all those are the easy way finally I told him the last guy looked it up under the FS section by the numbers 24087 and then he finally looked for the FS section and then found it. BTW after he opened the FS section it took all of 6-10 sec before the blender was shooting color.
Well, for sure the guy today was just being a jerk, based on his very nasty attitude. He said there was no list for him to scroll. He said there was just a blank screen, and when he keyed in '24087' that nothing came up. I hate this. Now I have to drive all the way back to try again, and I hope someone else is working the counter. Does anyone know if Ace has the Federal codes in their computer?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When they get to the screen to put in the color (in the FSS section), there are two areas to be filled in, the first is the name, the second is the number. In the number part only put in the five digit number, nothing else. And, if they do, as MWMULES said, within 10 seconds the correct colors are squirting into the can!

zout

Just FYI - I have had PPG - SW - other paint dealers give me the same run around on Federal Paint codes - so be easy on HD - leaning on them instead of teaching them will get you no where - its not your job to teach them but that is what your all doing and been given the plan to get help. Those paint jobs do look nice fellas.

plym49

Just FYI - I have had PPG - SW - other paint dealers give me the same run around on Federal Paint codes - so be easy on HD - leaning on them instead of teaching them will get you no where - its not your job to teach them but that is what your all doing and been given the plan to get help. Those paint jobs do look nice fellas.
I was not surly to the guy, although he was a bit nasty himself. I nicely told him about the Federal codes, and he was surprised to learn about that. He would not let me see the screen. From the responses above, it sounds like he was keying the number into the name field. I'll try again at HD or another store - someone informed me that Wallyworld also has the paint codes.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ZOUT,

You hit the nail on the head! Go in with the attitude of teaching them something that they can use to help others with and they are much more receptive. I know 'school bus yellow' was mentioned on my first foray (and since I had the list printed out and it was on the first sheet, the rest was an easy sell). The girl called her other two associates over to share the good news.

Attachments

plym49

I did not lean on him at all. I asked him to look up 24087 and he said nothing came up. I thanked him and moved on.

I was as nice as could be. He was surly. Life goes on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks