• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
That came out beautiful. nice job on the details. Keep your eyes peeled for a set of tow bar clamps, I have the same idea for the tow bar storage.
JC

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike ,can you take a picture of the paint can code, I have a have dozen pics of other can tops, your color is the "green"
Thanks
JC

zout

Ok ya all - the new M909 - I am highly considering putting this into Behr paint - but NOT the color anyone else has but something totally off the wall - it would get a full pressure washing near steam to get all the debris off it and then do a little body work as that is all it needs - but then shoot it with the guns in BEHR paint. It will be a while before I can do this but I am and will be looking forward to a challenge - especially in this Georgia weather.

np2ij

Not Bher but Sherwin Williams, motor pool paint job but came out pretty well.
in prep and paint is mine, painted in September, the other was painted a few months earlier.
We color matched Rustoleum cammo forest green. they were all sprayed except the bed and
insde the drop sides, they were rolled.
1a.jpg2a.jpg3a.jpg4a.jpg

JimmyThompson

np2ij... Do your rain flapper(s) on your exhaust stack allow water in? I put a rain flap from Summit Racing and I am getting rain seepage into the pipe. Any tricks that I'm missing?

mjtracy

Has anybody run an HVLP gun off of an M35's air supply? Figured I would need to install a moisture trap at least between the truck and the gun. Thanks

plym49

I finally got around to using house paint on some of my equipment. I am repainting my M416, using Ben Moore 34097 from Ace. The color match to the original CARC is amazing, and application could not have been easier: brush it on, then go over it with a small foam roller to eliminate the brush strokes and give it a good texture.

I will post a picture soon.

In the mean time, props to whoever originally thought of using house paint on military vehicles. Whoever you are, you are a friggin' genius! :) :) :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks