• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

JoeJrTheBarber

I literally read each post on this thread and still have my question:
Does anyone have a Behr paint code I can walk into Home Depot with to obtain a finish / color of the code 34079 ?
From what I can see it has alittle more "sheen" to it over the standard "383" code and plan to paint my M998 this color with satin black accents.

Also any pics of trucks painted with this 34079 code paint would be very much appreciated..
Anyone ?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get satin finish. I painted my 1101 with satin black accents and you can literally see the blue in the black because of the satin finish. It is sharp.

Get a sample, if they will mix a sample that small if you want to try it out.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I literally read each post on this thread and still have my question:
Does anyone have a Behr paint code I can walk into Home Depot with to obtain a finish / color of the code 34079 ?
From what I can see it has alittle more "sheen" to it over the standard "383" code and plan to paint my M998 this color with satin black accents.

Also any pics of trucks painted with this 34079 code paint would be very much appreciated..
Anyone ?
Is 34079 the FS595 color code?

Then you go in and say 'I need color code 34079 under federal standard 595'....

PareoWC

Well thank you. I get many compliments on the color. It is a slightly darker WWII Panzer color. We came up with it for my buddies 712M Pinzgauer and liked it so much I painted my M101A2 trailer with it and then when I got my HMMWV I went the same route. Have been very very happy with the performance of the paint and my truck and trailer are stored outside in the weather. Below is a snapshot of the mix.

Regards,

Mark

View attachment 703776

View attachment 703777View attachment 703778
Mark, would you consider that semi gloss, or flat? Seems like there's a bit of shine on the surface? I think the color is great, and just might be the future color of my WC52. There's too many green vehicles, and just a shade slightly off of that would be great! I may go a bit flatter, but if you say it is indeed flat, then that recipe will be perfect.

- OB

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has just a small amount of sheen as the flat paints tend to show dirt and oily hands a lot more. I think you would be very pleased with the mix.

Regards,

Mark

20170528_135637.jpg

20170528_135651.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use satin finish and I like it. It’s not your typical military finish, but then again, neither are my colors. I mix my own. And I paint outside the lines.

I think its Flat, Matte, Satin, Semi-Gloss, Gloss etc. I could be wrong. They have it on a sample board at the paint counter at HD to look at. Satin does have quite a bit more sheen to it than matte. Try a sample. They are pretty cheap. $5 or so? And if you like it, you have some of your truck painted!

gentrysgarage

Mine so far in Satin, was meant for the 1943 G7123...paint match from the back side of the cabs wiper color and a little spit! LOL! I chose satin as to cut down on the flat maintainess.
IMG_0937.jpg

Last edited:

tobyS

Mine so far in Satin, was meant for the 1943 G7123...paint match from the back side of the cabs wiper color and a little spit! LOL! I chose satin as to cut down on the flat maintainess.
View attachment 726959
Is that Behr? I get a bit of rust coming back in places with the acrylic latex.

I'm going to get rustoleum flat black and have them put blue in it to match the military black for the frame and drive.... stick with oil based on the lower areas. I have a wetter climate here.

gentrysgarage

Is that Behr? I get a bit of rust coming back in places with the acrylic latex.

I'm going to get rustoleum flat black and have them put blue in it to match the military black for the frame and drive.... stick with oil based on the lower areas. I have a wetter climate here.

Hi Toby,
It's Behr over Tractor Supply Valspar Iron Oxide.

spankybear

How about posting pictures of your older 5 plus year paint jobs. How well is the latex holding up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks