• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Construction Equipment

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any construction machines? Would love to see some pics of dozers, graders, etc. Did the military ever use little skid steers such as the Bobcat?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From my time as a 12B20 back in 1988, . . . I think.

IIRC, we had a Case (WD-240??) 2 1/2 cu yd front loader, a Cat D-7 Dozer,

. . .and pictured below with yours truly - a JD 410 hoe (tearing up some old tent bases)

I believe that they were all mainly civilian equivalents with green paint.

Attachments

NEIOWA

Pinkie

A few years ago, I saw a remote controlled skidsteer for clearing mines, at an air show. Looked pretty neat. I have a Case 85 XT and was wondering how I would rig it up to be remote control.

westfolk

Here's a 1964 Sicard "tractor" plow and a unknown year(dealer has it nailed down to '97 or'98 ) John Deere 120 excavator. Yes both were originally yellow then painted OD green. The Sicard came from Fort Drum, NY and the John Deere from Holloman AFB, NM They both were great when I first got them. However poor paint prep work. The paint is slowing but surely coming off and becoming yellow again. I need to sandblast them and give them a good coat of paint. OD green, of course. I like them that way.

I need to get a newer version of Photoshop. Those pic are terrible.

Attachments

lacoda56

Hey Westfolk,
What's the tracked thing in front of the dozer in the last picture? Looks like the lower half of a Bombardier muskeg tractor. I used to work on them years ago. Kinda fun to play with, but expensive to maintain.

westfolk

lacoda56,
Yep that's what it is. A good old J5. The pic was taken a few years ago when I had just bought this place. I wasn't ready to move in. But the people who bought my old place said I had to move "out". So that day I had a pile of things sitting on my doorstep. Still haven't done anything with it. It's a project that someday I may finish.

westfolk

I'm just thinking I want one to play with. Do they run at all? How long they been sitting?

1ton

That looks like a push dozer. Name is kinda selfexplanitory, they are used to push scrapers through the cut. Some of the push dozers ive seen are bigger than the scrapers.

rdixiemiller

The "tractor.jpg" picture is a Bobcat T200 with a hydraulic stump grinder mounted on front. No idea what it is doing "over there", mine clearing maybe? It would be Hell on AP mines, not so hot on AT mines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks