• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Construction Equipment

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
old tractor

I've stumbled across a tractor like this one only much rougher. I can get it for cheap. She ran 3 yrs ago and was driven to where it sits now. Oil looked clean, battery dead, no gas.

I thought about dropping in a battery to see if it'll kick over. Will I damage something? Am I better off trying to crank the engine over with a wrench? How would you approach testing to see if it's gonna come to life. I don't expect it to run right off the bat but i would'nt mind knowing if I should go ahead and buy it.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: old tractor

Find out what it wieghs and offer the scrap value so your not out any money. That way if it fires up, and its not yours, the prie doesn't go up.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
The push dozers were built by LeTourneau-Westinghouse. They operate like a railroad locomotive. The diesel turns a generator which, in turn, powers electric drive motors in the wheels.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: construction equipment

Jim, Excellent "Action" photo! :drool: I gotta get me a crane unit of some kind!!!

poppop

Hey all you guys with construction equipment. I bought a Lot of new hydralic pumps that fit all 544 and 644 John Deere loaders. The JD number is AT103945, Parker number is 322-9110-049 and the NSN is1320013252283. John Deere gets $1687.00 each for them today. I am selling them for $400.00 plus shipping. They probably fit a lot of other equipment to.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That M37 is really well matched with the Cats! I like your choice in colors for your MV, now that I know a little more about your taste in other vehicles!

No.2Diesel

Quick tech question:

My friend owns a Deutz-Allis 4WD utility tractor 3cyl diesel with a front loader. Its got about 2,200 hrs. so its well worn. It runs and works great except for one thing: The F'n loader is useless. It will move and articulate under a no-load condition. If there is the slightest load on it, it won't lift or curl. He "rebuilt" the loader control valve resulting in no improvements. There is no visible leakage of hydraulic fliud anywhere. He has not changed any hyd. filters and doesn't know what to do next.

Should the hyd. system be pressure tested (blockage?) Are the cylinders toast? Is the loader stuck in "float?" :?

Any help would be great. Thanks

TheBuggyman

No.2Diesel said:
Quick tech question:

My friend owns a Deutz-Allis 4WD utility tractor 3cyl diesel with a front loader. Its got about 2,200 hrs. so its well worn. It runs and works great except for one thing: The F'n loader is useless. It will move and articulate under a no-load condition. If there is the slightest load on it, it won't lift or curl. He "rebuilt" the loader control valve resulting in no improvements. There is no visible leakage of hydraulic fliud anywhere. He has not changed any hyd. filters and doesn't know what to do next.

Should the hyd. system be pressure tested (blockage?) Are the cylinders toast? Is the loader stuck in "float?" :?

Any help would be great. Thanks
Is it a closed center or open center system? When you say "rebuilt" what did he do and is it back to factory specs? Does this tractor use seperate hydraulic pumps for the power steering and the other hydraulic functions and if not, does the power steering work well? The cylinders are more than likely ok, I would think that the relief valve in the control valve (if it has one there) could have failed or the pump is just worn. Go through the basics first with your filters, pick-up screens, fluid level and condition etc. etc......

No.2Diesel

Thanks Bug and JimK

I put "rebuilt" in quotations because his mechanical abilities and practices are far from ideal. He said he found a cylindrical check valve that was damaged inside the loader valve. He replaced it with a new one but still no improvement. I should have supervised him when he took it apart. The power steering does work well. Thank you again for the info.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might as well show off my new toy!

19?? Ford 4000 industrial with the factory front end loader. Bought it, picked it up, and put in a full days work on my new property with it. AWESOME! rofl

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dave, looks like oxygen deprivation on that driver!! He's turning blue!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks