• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Construction Equipment

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Interesting pic, but it seems there would be better ways of unloading dump trucks

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
they prob had a lift like the one on your deuce and after a week of waiting for it to go up drive lost it and just did it his way.
Just you wait until May......

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just saw this on a construction site near my house yesterday, it's an Army D7E. I think the dataplate said 1967. It was still in the service as of 1998, as evidenced by the CARC date. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

saquishmike

I am a member of the local union of Operating Engineers here in mass and most of the machines that we learned on were gov. surplus cat d-7 dozers, cat and austin western graders, loaders , many cranes, P and H clam shells, Manitowoc 3900 hook crane with a bronze plate telling it was built for the army corp. They have an old linden tower crane which is not military but the huge gen set that runs it is. 5 ton grease truck , cucv pickup, and some old jeep that looks like a cj5, old international harverster dump in air force blue. In the shops lots of miltary training gear i.e. gray marine cut away engine many small pumps and engine cut aways . Just letting you know this stuff keeps living on and training americas work force.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You won that James? Hawthorne has something similar. Mike used it to lift up the front of my 108 so I could piggyback it home.

OD_Coyote

Here is a pic of my 1945 Caterpillar D4-5T. It has a more modern hydraulic blade, but it is OD under the yellow paint. I hope to repaint her OD in the future. Back in the 80's I wanted one of those M5A4 Stuart tanks, but they were way too expensive for me. Anyway this is probably as close as I will ever get to owning a tank.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks