• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce VS Civil vehicles

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would rather drive one of my deuces because that means I am not working and having fun instead. Or if I am working, it's work I want to do and am using the deuce to help with the work. I have both an A2 and and A3 and I drive them both a lot, normally several times per week, but not nearly as much as my civi vehicles.

Flyingvan911

I drive my civi mostly. I drive the deuce every week or two to keep it happy. In the city, the deuce can be a real handfull. If there was more room and cheaper diesel, I'd drive it more.

RealCavDog

Since picking up my A3 from Ft. Riley, I have put many more miles on it through day-to-day use, work, store, Post Office, until a small rear hub leak appeared !

Back to the GMC for a bit, had not even started it for almost 2 weeks since getting back ! :beer:

And now can't wait to get it fixed, but on for 7 days straight, so parts ordered and then . . . . ?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have been driving my deuce way more than my 3 other civy vehicles. the deuce is just fun and its ready for anything i throw at it. in the winter i park the deuce with a full tank of fuel incase i need it in a snow storm to pull my plow jeep out, but i drive my jeep in the winter. i hate getting salt on my toys, so the deuce gets parked.

jrobinson5093

i usually drive my deuce every day to work (40 mile round trip), but i have been driving my civi hear lately because of a brokein window and all the leaks when it rains.

91W350

I drive the tan deuce for a few days, then the green deuce for a few days, every once in a while I drive the M1008, occasionally the M1009. Since I picked up my deuce at Ellsworth AFB February 8th, I have missed driving one six days. By far my most common means of transport is by deuce. Occasionally I drive the wife's car, usually when it needs washed or fuel. Glen

RealCavDog

:funny:

The first 70K on my black C3, I only drove it on the weekends when off work, and as soon as I pulled down the hill . . . " LOW FUEL " ! She always did great letting me know about any issues, noises or odors, and tried to keep it washed through the automatic ! But fuel, oil and air in the tires . . . LOL !

Last edited:

hilber

What is a C3? All these abbreviations give me a headache. I am gradullay figuring out things on here. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer on this military stuff and acronyms and abbreviations..:razz:

RealCavDog

What is a C3? All these abbreviations give me a headache. I am gradullay figuring out things on here. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer on this military stuff and acronyms and abbreviations..:razz:

Sorry ! Glen has seen my 2001 GMC C3, it is in the recovery shots of my M35A3 that Glen started, and yes, it is a civy vehicle ! And when I got my A 3 home, the C 3 got a well deserved but short lived break !

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/75581-jays-september-22-2011-riley-m35a3-recovery.html

Sorry for the confusion !

OD_Coyote

While I would prefer to drive my M35, I usually end up driving my Cummins powered Dodge 3500 because the Dodge gets 2X the fuel economy when compared to the M35. However, I do make sure my M35 gets driven at least once a week.

trukhead

When I gotta go offroad it's the A3 hands down. When I need to go some where, it's the civi vehicle cause the A3 is clumsy. I can't wait for when my m1008 is sorted out, I enjoy that truck and there is no rust on it anywhere, Oooh I can't till it runs. When I gotta go fast, I'm gettin a turbo 85 Merkur up to speed for a 350 hp go fast machine:driver:

Last edited:

srodocker

during the summer i commuted 60mi a day to work and used WMO. now the weather is turning crappy been driving my car even though i love my truck. car is easier in the rain. plus i am going to be doing some PMCS to it and instal projects on it over the winter. she'll always be ready to be called on though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks