• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking to buy Tatra 8x8

Rusty Loads

Hello Men and Women of Steel, I have tried PM'ing some of the Tatra 8x8 owners here but no response. Possibly noob fear? I am in Ontario, Canada and already own a few Unimogs and a Gwagen. If anyone can send me info re Tatra 8x8's in NA (813/815), it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Rusty Loads

It is a jeep-like vehicle produced by Mercedes-Benz since about 1978. The sheet metal on the ones they still sell are virtually the same. Usually have front and rear diff locks plus interaxle difflock. They come in a few different versions such as 2 door, 4 door, pickup, even 6x6. Canadian military currently use them as well as a few other countries.

rickf

G-Wagon, I was thinking it was one word. Geländewagen. Can't help with the Tatra. All I know about them is they are big and ugly.:roll::lol:

Welcome aboard and I am sure someone will help out.

Rick

jtron79

Just a FYI, you cannot post wanted to buy, for sale, or any type of ad in the forum, it is exclusively for the classified section. please see the forum rules.

Rusty Loads

G-Wagon, I was thinking it was one word. Geländewagen. Can't help with the Tatra. All I know about them is they are big and ugly.:roll::lol:

Welcome aboard and I am sure someone will help out.

Rick
Thanks Rick, You are right, they are big and ugly-thats one of the things I like about them. :smile:
-Evan

Flat Black

A Geländewagen, which means cross country vehicle, is NOTHING like a JEEP... other than maybe having solid axles front and rear and being 4 wheel drive....

additionally, typing "gwagen" even as one word into google would have told you exactly what it was... :D

A recent post noted there were only six Tatra's in the US, complete nonsense, there are quire a few floating around on different sites and boards (projects, complete trucks for sale, government and utility vehicles, parts trucks, private collectors, etc) There certainly arent thousands of them, but more than six.

Last edited:

tatra813

A Geländewagen, which means cross country vehicle, is NOTHING like a JEEP... other than maybe having solid axles front and rear and being 4 wheel drive....

additionally, typing "gwagen" even as one word into google would have told you exactly what it was... :D

A recent post noted there were only six Tatra's in the US, complete nonsense, there are quire a few floating around on different sites and boards (projects, complete trucks for sale, government and utility vehicles, parts trucks, private collectors, etc) There certainly arent thousands of them, but more than six.
nonsense?? I would like to know of other owners?? only 6 tatra 813's to be specific, may be more ive searched many sites and know all the other owners of 813s who dont know of others. would love to be in contact with more owners of the 813 in the u.s. care to share your contacts???????

There are a few 815's arond BLM owned a few, a few fire districts owned them. There are a few 805s around Ive got one also?

duncan

Tatra813: Sorry to put an offtopic remark in here, but did you ever get a hold of those 805 axle boots?

tatra813

Hey Duncan

No but thanks for the reminder....I still need to get the axle boots, thanks for the lead I will follow up on that shortly.

Im also in the process of building a new bed on the back of my Tatra, all diamondplate steel, powdercoated and custom sides full roll cage etc, doing it right so it is taking a while.
I also just bought a Monster truck the old Maniac monster truck. so Ive tore it down to the chassis and building it from ground up again......keeping me very busy.

Hows your old Tatra going?

duncan

Good to hear, let me know if it that lead works out, otherwise I will dig a little further. You're converting one of your 813 into a hardcore offroader then?

My old beasty is doing great. Currently servicing the engine and replacing most gaskets, and this winter we will take it onto the next crazy 4000+ mile trip around eastern Europe. Already the quality and reliability have far surpassed my expectations, and with only 10 000km on the tacho, she's getting better and running smoother by the mile.

tatra813

yea converting one into a trials type truck, Im doing it right and between work keeping me busy and working on my monster truck its taking a while.

take care

wally

TATRA T-815 (8x8) For Sale

Hi,

TATRA T-815 Fore Sale In USA!!

I am a new member and just joined today. Still trying to figure out how to post my ad in "Classifieds".

I believe you are looking to buy a TATRA T-815. I only know of one T-815 in the USA that was said to be captured in "Operation Desert Storm". I OWN IT and ready to sell! I have extended it by 6ft. It is in the process of being converted into an RV. It is built with heavy steel framing, has 2-slide outs and fold down sun deck. At this point it is partially cladded. It has about 15,000 miles on the 1.2 million mile V12 (Air Cooled Engine). It's a BIG Pinzgauer with the same designer.

I plan to head back to Africa on a long safari - Hence we will need to part.

P1000487.jpgTATRA T-815 (8x8) Steel Soliders.jpgP1000490.jpg

For the record, I have over $88,000.00 invested and ready to accept my loses. I hope to sell for $59,000.00. (As Is)

FatBuddhaBoo

That is one awesome looking rig you got there Wally!

As for posting in the classifieds, you should be able to just go to the Classifieds section and start a new thread under Vehicles for Sale listing it.

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks