• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insane home Water/meth injection...

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finally pulled my Alky Control, water injection unit off the shelf, I also just received a heavy duty waterproof 24-12 volt DC converter, it's 15 amp continues duty. So hopefully I will get everything hooked up in the next few days. When I do, I'll let you all know how well it works.
The goal is to be able to run 18-20 pounds of boost and keep the EGT down to 1100 or lower.
Right now it makes 10 psi boost and the EGT will go to 1200 easy, so I baby it.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Water injection is a great way to clean carbon off pistons, valves and rings. I have the 20:1 LDS pistons in my engine, I'm going to experiment with methanol mixed with the water. I know for fact that alcohol mixed with water will not work on the 22:1 compression engines, it pre ignites.

Last edited:

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went and picked up a waterproof junction box, to mount the pump in. Also bought a 26 gallon tank for the water, going to mount both in the bed.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This pump is electronically controled, it's fully programmable. The max pressure it puts out is 250 Psi.
The nozzle is a 10 gph @100 psi.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gathered more parts and fittings for the water injection today. Here is a few photos of the pump and water tank location. The tank is 26 gallons.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finished the water/methanol injection system. It works great, I was able to run over 20 psi boost and keep the EGT at 1200.
This wasn't an optimal setting. I had the injection u it maxed out and obviously had the fuel turned up alot. I ended up going with 15 psi boost and about 50% of the systems capacity. It's running really strong. Here are some photos of the first is he'd install. Still need to paint the pump box.

Jeepsinker

Is the benefit worth the trouble and cost though? I run mine at 15- 18 psi boost every day, even towing, and I haven't had an issue. No, I don't have a pyro either. And I don't need to be scolded about it. If I melt it down, I'll fix it.
Although, if it was going to melt, it would've done so already, barring an injector failure of course.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far, I'm pleased with the results. I drove it from south Carolina to north Carolina, pulled some steep grades on the way up. I never sifted out of 5th, ran 15 psi boost for several minutes non stop and the EGT never got over 1150. I do have some methanol mixed with the water, about 1.5% going to keep adding more methanol slowly and see how the engine reacts to it. My compression is 20:1 instead of the 22:1

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks