• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TP-5A4-DC Genset

zguy1243

Just picked up a TP-5A4-DC Genset with a 6 KW Onan Diesel. This was the light tower setup. After pulling it from the weeds where it has rested for years I have been working at getting it somewhat restored. After 6 hours of pressure washing today and removing the fenders, side door and tongue for repair and painting I shot a short video of the first test run of the pneumatic mast. The old electric motor and compressor worked like new and the mast also. Now on the lookout for some parts for the Onan DJE diesel motor. Here is a youtube link from today:

TP-5A4-DC Mil Pneumatic Mast operation - YouTube

zguy1243

anyone have any info on the mast setup? is the compressor designed to run all the time to keep the mast fully extended? There is no air tank just a a pressure regulator and gauge between the compressor and the mast. The mast will not stay up with the compressor off, it will slowly retract once the air supply is shut off. Maybe someone else has one that can provide some details. I cannot find any manuals for this setup...

shawn77901

Oh wow that's in really good shape. I just got back from looking at one a guy wants $300 for just up the road from me. It's pretty beat up and I'm not sure if the engine runs on it or not. I think I'm gonna pass on it, just needs too much work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks