Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M920 CAT7155 Transmission Help needed

Thanks

Awesome, thanks so much for all your help!!

Private
    Thanks

I did all the tricks everybody and their mom suggested. Pourded oil in the umbilical cord and air tank, even removed the top cover plate on the valve body. Air leak got worse from the vent. Thinking the worse already.... (Rebuild). Anyone ever rebuilt one? Or any other suggestions.What's happening is, I'll let the air build up well over 120psi. Hit the shift button on the left side of the shifter. You then hear three clicking sounds, almost like something is engaging. (I think that's normal?). As soon as I hit the shifter to the left air starts coming out of the vent. What you guys think?

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,012 Posts

Hi Guam, welcome to the site. You will most likely not have to rebuild the transmission, only the valve body, which can be removed through the hole in the floor. You will need to search this site for posts made by "rracing" and the term "7155". He goes into great detail about what it took to overhaul the valve body. He was able to source the required O rings from Cat and Parker. The three clicking (clunking?) sounds is normal when you hit the button.
    I was able to visit Guam about 10 years ago. I really enjoyed my stay. Is that Jap tank still sitting outside the machine shop? Good luck.

Private
    Thanks

Thanks NDT. Yup the tank is still there. Were you hear on vaction?

MVPA
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guam 7155 View Post
    Thanks NDT. Yup the tank is still there. Were you hear on vaction?
    We were on our way to the Phillippines to buy US surplus, so it seemed like a great idea to stop off in Guam for some battlefield tourism. We met several MV collectors, the names of which I cannot remember.

Private
    Thanks

Hello i am "our murphy" i am new here mas im just registerred. I would like to say thank you to all members for their postings and ea special thank you to r racing you mhave been very helpful to me as i read your comments to many on the cat 7155. Everyone considers you the expert and it is easy to see why. I registered as our murphy because that is what my friends call our m 917 dump truck. It seems since we got it that what ever can go wrong will go wrong with it. But the longer we have it the more im starting to like it. Its a great truck and it sat a long time before we got it and when things sit idle they dry out or rust etc, our company was hoping it to be ready to go to work as soon as we got it and from a distance it looked ready to do so.
    And we did. In the past year the longest it stayed running without repair down time has been about 3 weeks. But ol murphy is starting to shape up. Steelsoldiers has been a wealth of information so thank you all again. I thought it time i register so i can maybe give a little help back with some info to share .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OUR MURPHY For This Useful Post:

royalflush55 (10-17-2019)

MVPA
    Thanks

Welcome Our Murphy. Yup these trucks are 40 years old and lots of parts are at the end of shelf life. Once you debug all these systems you will have a reliable truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2