• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjay22

auai am trying to find a good insurance company that will insure my deuce so i can pick it up. i called some local folks around here and they told me that the deuce must be parked in a fully enclosed storage unit and can only be driven by me. i am trying to find a company that does not require a storage unit, let my wife drive, and be under $150.00 a year. aua

RealCavDog

Welcome to the club ! This is a well beaten horse, and I am paying MUCH more than that still !

I will watch this along with all the many other identical threads, who knows, you may get some new input from someone that will help a lot of us !

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
auai am trying to find a good insurance company that will insure my deuce so i can pick it up. i called some local folks around here and they told me that the deuce must be parked in a fully enclosed storage unit and can only be driven by me. i am trying to find a company that does not require a storage unit, let my wife drive, and be under $150.00 a year. aua
You don't want much do you. Do a advanced search for m35 insurance there is at least 60 or more threads on it.

treeguy

P.R.o.M.A. = my butt hurts!

The only way I've been able to insure and register my deuce here in MA is Comercially. The weight negates historic plates (some have done it and I don't understand how). No CDL required, but every year I get a bill from the state for $300 to renew the registration and the ins. is about $1200 a year. Yea, $1200 and that is with no negative driver points. Like I said, my butt hurts. Good luck on your quest young jedi!!!!!!!!

But, when you are forced to go commercial, (after you pay the $80 every year for the inspection sticker, or is it more?) You don't have any silly garage or driver restrictions.

Last edited:

mactiredearg

You do not need a garage with Gulfway. That fact is why I went with them. I've got both an M35 and an M109 covered by Gulfway and they are fully aware that both vehicles are yard parked.

I've recently been through the same situation.
In the end, it was Gulfway for me also.
It is collector insurance on a commercial policy. It is full coverage insurance.
No garage required. No hauling or towing allowed.
Your rates may vary due to location, insured value of the vehicle and deductable.
Mine came in at $222 a year.

jaymcb

JC Taylor approved me...IN MASSACHUSETTS!

From the application:

"My vehicle(s) will be used mainly in exhibitions, club activities, parades and other functions
of public interest and will not be used primarily for the transportation of passengers or goods."

Also, since it will be garaged, I checked off 'garaged'.

martinwcox

JC Taylor approved me...IN MASSACHUSETTS!

From the application:

"My vehicle(s) will be used mainly in exhibitions, club activities, parades and other functions
of public interest and will not be used primarily for the transportation of passengers or goods."

Also, since it will be garaged, I checked off 'garaged'.
EXCELLENT!

Now for the dreaded RMV - good luck and we should meet up once the truck is home.

Regards.

Martin.

treeguy

"will not be used primarily for the transportation of passengers or goods." does this prohibit the - I'll drive my truck where ever and when ever the heck I want cause I want to? Because if your not involved in business with it then most folks should be good with that. I could never get over the garaging issue. Whats the point, its not a porche? Garaging a deuce just to be covered by ins. seems dumb.

I don't know how you other MA guys are doing it cheaper. I'll tell you what though, the RMV will probably require commercial plates if they are aware of the weight.

If anyone in MA has a better way, I'd really appreciate a way to cut my ins./registry costs. I can't justify going the camper route, and no agent in my local area can get beyond the weight = commercial fact. I also cannot have any driving restrictions / garaging stipulations. Since I fall under the - I'll **** well driver her when ever and where ever I please category.

treeguy

I might have sorta had some luck when registering my truck (who am I kidding, I'm the one paying thousands!). The truck I had before was a 2005 F350 dump with 6 wheels. I got rid of that and transfered the same plate to my deuce, which coincodently has 6 wheels, (who'd a thought). So there was no issue of paying more for more wheels on the tar, but I don't want to even thing of how much more I'd have to shell out for 10 wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks