• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-701a / MEP-016b wiring diagram?

Isaac-1

Does anyone have a copy of the MEP-016b / MEP-701a wiring diagram like the one printed inside the top cover of the control box? I can't find it in the tech manuals.

Ike

Isaac-1

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that.

Ike

p.s. like so many things it does not match reality of the wiring, however it gives me a clue as to what the tag on wiring I found does.

Last edited:

ETN550

Page 94 is just the schematic for the control box components. It does not include any of the engine or frame mounted items. It ends at J1/P1 which is the big plug on the back of the control box. Never the less it is a very useful diagram once inside the box.

Page 95 is the diagram and it does cover all of the components including outside the box but does not cover the 701A modifications.

The plate on the underside of the lid is the only schematic that covers all the components, identifies all the plugs and connectors, and all of the wires and pin numbers. Each wire is individually numbered in ink on the insulation casing so, with patience, anything can be traced down. I use this plate diagram mostly and it is most handy to follow the wires back to the terminal strips in the box.

Much of the electrical diagnosis can be done off of the terminal strips once the correct wires are identified. It is easy to measure the voltage and grounds present at the terminal strips and it is easy to short or disconnect wires as well to aid in diagnosis. Anymore, I go straight to the lid. The few 701As that I have worked on all had an updated plate riveted to the lid with the fan wiring info on them.

It would be good to pull one of those plates off and make a scan of it for printing and e-mailing as an attachment.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks