• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks Clinto!

TMNT

My brother, my son, and I went out to Clinto's place today to look at and learn about M35's. I'm a total noob but firmly on the hook after attending the Durhamtown rally.

Thanks Clinto for taking all afternoon to talk about, look at, and drive these trucks! I didn't mean to impose on your afternoon like that, but your generosity is very much appreciated.

---

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Did Clinto make you wear blue rubber gloves when touching the trucks??:lol::lol:

All seriousness aside...Clinto is a good man to learn from. If ya do what he shows you to do you should never get suprised or have major problems.[thumbzup]

TMNT

Did Clinto make you wear blue rubber gloves when touching the trucks??:lol::lol:

All seriousness aside...Clinto is a good man to learn from. If ya do what he shows you to do you should never get suprised or have major problems.[thumbzup]
He didn't make me wear them but I think he wore a pair all day! Maybe that will protect him from this dang cold I've come down with.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.214712,-84.635102

phil2968

But did you get to drive the mule! He only lets his close freids stick it in the mud!
He is good folks by far, I would trust him to watch my two young sons!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am flattered by ya'll's compliments.

I don't think a person who truly loves deuces would require a lot of arm bending to stand around and chat about deuces all day................ or look for an excuse to get some seat time.

We didn't get to drive the Mule, it hasn't even left the confines of the trailer! But I do have a replacement engine sourced (for those who aren't aware, left cylinder might have broken a ring, it's oil fouling plugs and using a lot of oil, happened before the rally). I need to talk to Bill Watson about what all the transaxle parts cost (I am going to rebuild it when I swap engines) and I am going to service all 4 hubs. This week or next it will probably come out and get a major post-rally bath, then a trip to the garage.

I hope to have it done before next year's MVPA convention in Hunstville and of course, the best rally on Earth, SSGR12.

:D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am flattered by ya'll's compliments.

I hope to have it done before next year's MVPA convention in Hunstville and of course, the best rally on Earth, SSGR12.

You need to post dates for that "Best Rally on Earth" so I can reserve my cabin.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I must say, if you buy a truck from CLINTO or CLINTOGF, you will know what you get, ready to go, at a VERY fair price, and you will NOT REGRET the buy, and will most likely refer others to him.

TMNT

Ok, I did some searching but I didn't find what I'm looking for. As I noted above, I'm getting ready to take delivery of my first deuce. I talked to my insurance company (progressive) today and they're not sure what to do about my deuce. I'm not sure they understand what it is. The bottom line is they think I need a commercial vehicle policy and that can be expensive. I don't think the other deuce owners out there have expensive commercial policies. Which companies and what type of policy do the rest of you have for your deuces? Looking for advice and ideas here.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.214782,-84.635199

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
State Farm has mine insured with no hassle at all. I don't remember exactly but it was around $200 for six months.

TMNT

Clinto = The best soldier B ever.

Forget progressive, give this guy a call.

[FONT=&quot]Phillip Satterfield[/FONT]
103 Park Place Way
Carrollton, GA 30117
Office 770-838-4664
Fax 770-838-4661
phillip@ia-carrollton.com

[thumbzup]
I just spoke to Pam at Phillip Satterfield's office and she was very helpful. I need to send her some photos of the truck and VIN and the cost is between $120-$150 per year. I think I'm limited to 5,000 miles per year and they want it garaged. I've got a warehouse that I can park it in sometimes so that should satisfy that requirement. Way better deal than Progressive!

TMNT

UPDATE:

Clinto has been making steady progress on the deuce I'm buying from him. I've been helping as much as I can given the 90 mile distance between us and my other obligations. In the meantime, I lurk around the SS forum, watch videos of deuces on YouTube and try to get my "fix" until I get mine home.

I injured my left shoulder just before the 10th and I had a off-road camping excursion planned for the 17th/18th and then it was Christmas, so I missed three weekends in a row working on getting "Betty" ready to go. (My 10 year old son named her Big Betty.) Fortunately and not surprisingly, Clint was able to make good progress without me. The new clutch and resurfaced flywheel is in, rear main seal is replaced, fluids and filters all changed, new windshield frame is on, new soft-top is installed and a list of other smaller items are done. The insurance coverage is in place and I've trimmed the trees along the driveway to make room for her.

It looks like we're going to get her finished up and I can drive her home on New Year's weekend. Clint was test driving it over this Christmas weekend and I've got fingers crossed that everything checked out OK. Just in time too, that next week I have to start ripping out our carpet and replacing it with laminate flooring as a Christmas present to my wife (and lots of good excuses to use Betty to haul stuff!).

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've put about a hundred miles on it since I finished everything. Drove it on a couple of 5-10 mile trips, then took it to my parent's house 30 miles away on Christmas day. Very happy with how it drives. No oil coming from the bellhousing, not even a drip, so I feel confident we properly diagnosed the epic Exxon Valdez leak as a rear main.

The only thing I have left to do is replace the parking brake cable and reinstall the parking brake assy. The cable is seized and I have to find another one and get it installed.

I am going to try and get it done this week but I have a week of major commitments, I may not be able to spend any time on it until Saturday.

Attachments

TMNT

Most excellent!! The weather forecast for the weekend is great. Daniel and I plan on coming over there Saturday morning. We'll get started on removing the heater from the parts truck and whatever else we can do to assist you. I'll PM Dawn about the financial arrangements.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think other than swapping the parking brake cable and grabbing the heater off the parts truck, we should be done.

This should leave plenty of time for a healthy lunch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks