• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trojan's LARC V progress

janstorbakken

Hello to LARC V owners and operators.

I am going to be putting the last two wheel hubs on "HANK" my LARC V. I broke the hub over a year ago and spent most of the year trying to get parts from a rather unreputable fellow in Virginia beach. I wound up having the original hub milled out and a new bearing race and seal seat welded into the hub. It's a piece of art.
I was the lucky guy to be offered a 1944 WC37. it started and drove home. We use it for getting our firewood.
I've included a photo of both of the rigs. Enjoy

Attachments

Last edited:

janstorbakken

We are able to work just about year round. I get to use the 51 chev to plow snow when it snows.most of the time it rains and I make mud. Check out the web site a Home
Here are some more photos of Old iron that is still making it's own living.

Thunder in NWOR

Quote: "I was the lucky guy to be offered a 1944 WC37. it started and drove home. We use it for getting our firewood."

You have a 3/4 ton Dodge: either a WC51 or WC52 (flat hood, flat grill), with Artic Cab (early 1950's), and non issue winch, bumper, running board or bed.

However, it looks like a REALLY NICE truck!!!!

WC numbers lower than 51 were half tons (sloping hood and rounded grill) and 37 was not a standered number....

but you have a really good looking- and useable vehicle!

janstorbakken

Nov 4th larc hub prep

Holy smokes it's snowed for the first time this year and I'm trying to put together a LARC V. The spindle mounts needed a coat of paint and guess what we had to get two speedy sleeves and another seal.
If the tarps hold up I'll have a coat of coroshield on it tomorrow.

janstorbakken

Trojan's LARC V update

Hello from the Great land,

I guess I'm doing this right. We can't figure out how to make a new post, so I am just adding to the first post. Hope it works.
the hubs are ready to be installed, but an inspection of the spindles revealed another seal and the need for a couple of speedy sleeves. The spindle/axel housing needed a good coat of paint. They have been scraped,rattled and wire wheeled prior to a good coat of coroshield. I'll be painting them today.
I'll attach some photos of the repaired hub and the ready for paint front spindle assembly.

Attachments

janstorbakken

I was hoping to be posting photos of the assembly. We got SNAFU'd by the parts guy. He sent more seals not speedy sleeves for this size seal. i think I would have gotten them today but the post office was closed for some reason. i posted a photo of hanks hospital and the ring gears all assembled and ready to go.
Monday is our next opportunity to get the parts.

Trojan

Attachments

big block 88

That is some awsome old iron, I love to see company's utilizing the old iron to get work done and in most cases the old school can and will outwork the new euipment.

Very cool thanks for the pics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks