• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Steel Soldiers 1st Annual Fund Drive Benefiting Our Wounded Veterans

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put mine in for 200.00, it's the least I can do, I'm one of the ones who made it back with no physical wounds......... Not an easy thing to do from Viet Nam when I was there both times...

mr.travo

WILCO!

Just thankful to still be alive. WWP is a GREAT organization. I have been supporting them on all my eBay sales before they got really known. I have seen them move mountains for several of my friends.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Will our site receive credit if other people (outside of the site) click the same link and donate?
As long as they go to our Proud Supporter page and donate there, we get the credit. Pass the link on to anyone you like.

Thanks to everyone for your immediate support. I will see about the personal check issue. I think you will make them out to WWP and then mail them to me. I will send them all in at once so we get credit. Stand by on this as I have an email in to WWP.

We will run this event through the end of the year.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
As long as they go to our Proud Supporter page and donate there, we get the credit. Pass the link on to anyone you like.
Thanks to everyone for your immediate support. I will see about the personal check issue. I think you will make them out to WWP and then mail them to me. I will send them all in at once so we get credit. Stand by on this as I have an email in to WWP.
We will run this event through the end of the year.
Chris, I kicked in a few bucks but I have an issue here...the counter thingy puts your real name and not your screen name! I sorta don't like that:sad:

Anyhoo...I want to add something here as well.
If any of you are close to a military base, most have a Wounded Warrior contigent and they sorta look for hobbies and the like to help the folks sorta wind down.

They actually have "tasking officers" where the WWP Member is allowed to spend some time with an approved group doing what he/she is interested in. The "tasking officer" actually completes a monthly evaluation in writing describing what he/she has accomplished, how well, and general comments.

CAMO has been honored to have a couple WWP folks spend time with us and help out with projects/participate in parades, displays etc.

Monetary donations help I guess but of course not everyone can contribute...and that's ok.

What you CAN do...if/when you get the chance is, when you see an Armed Forces person...walk up, shake their hand and thank them for serving.
They may say stuff like...awe...it's nothing cause they don't know how to respond...but you will see their shoulders go back, chest push out, and a smile come to their face...I've seen it happen...daily.

Awe poop...I'll shut up now:oops::oops:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm happy to help out and donate. It would be more but most of my volunteer time and effort(money) go to The Thank You Foundation here in Ohio. My wife is the VP and I'm on the Advisory Board.

Good job Chris.

ARYankee

I too have a question. Is this fund raiser going to be ongoing throughout the year? I think you could get more money if it was. I know this time of the year is a little tricky just because you have the major holidays coming up and the fund raising events associated with them as well. i will be donating as well.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I too have a question. Is this fund raiser going to be ongoing throughout the year? I think you could get more money if it was. I know this time of the year is a little tricky just because you have the major holidays coming up and the fund raising events associated with them as well. i will be donating as well.

My intention was to make it an annual event that people can contribute to once a year. I know this is a tough time financially with the holidays coming up, but there are also a lot of folks looking to make charitable donations at the end of the year for tax purposes. We'll see how the inaugural event does and go from there.

Thanks to all who have donated so far. We are over $1300 already.

ARYankee

My intention was to make it an annual event that people can contribute to once a year. I know this is a tough time financially with the holidays coming up, but there are also a lot of folks looking to make charitable donations at the end of the year for tax purposes. We'll see how the inaugural event does and go from there.

Thanks to all who have donated so far. We are over $1300 already.

Cool!! it's a great cause! I actually didn't think about the end of the year donation thing for tax purposes.... :)
Another good time to have it would be between Feb and May. Tax refund time! :)

zout

In case you see some strange names appear - I e-mailed the link to all my vendors this morning. I kind of wish same as PB that names did not appear - no reason even for my screen name to appear. Just helping a great cause.

Hopefully we will see the "goal" surpassed.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In case you see some strange names appear - I e-mailed the link to all my vendors this morning. I kind of wish same as PB that names did not appear - no reason even for my screen name to appear. Just helping a great cause.

Hopefully we will see the "goal" surpassed.
That's great! Thanks for spreading the word! It's a great cause and some good PR for the MV community never hurts.

Atomic

$50 to the cause. Thanks for the great site Chris and an even better cause to get behind.

Respectfully,

R. Harper "Atomic"

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody been double charged? I put 200.00, and it says 400.00. I also have 2 charges on my card for 200 ea.
Oh well its a good cause and luckily i'm not hurting for money right now.

Cucvnut

We can do this but not up date the page :( I love this idea i just wish the site could be updated with the same quickness this went up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks