• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Steel Soldiers 1st Annual Fund Drive Benefiting Our Wounded Veterans

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We can do this but not up date the page :( I love this idea i just wish the site could be updated with the same quickness this went up.
Trust me. More good things are coming to the site soon!

Now, for all who would like to mail a check, please make them out to the Wounded Warrior Project and mail them to:

Steel Soldiers, LLC
1411 Woodmere Drive
Charleston, WV 25314

They will all be mailed in together at the end of the fundraiser and SS will get the credit. Also, the WWP will mail you a tax receipt. Thanks everyone for the great effort so far.

3dAngus

Chris,
There desperately need be a way to donate anonymously. You will probably lose out on hundreds of donors, if not thousands, making the minimum $2 donation we would hope for, if their name is posted next to all those who donated $50 or so and it is advertised they donated the minimum while their "name" is at the bottom of the list.

Please check with the webmaster to see if a donation can be made to the cause with the name "anonymous". He should be able to put a button in there that will fetch from "anonymous" rather than the name colume when filling out the form. Thanks.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a great cause! Earlier this summer we did some work with the Southern Vet Fest over in Adairsville Georgia that also raises money for wounded and homeless veterans. Unfortunately for this event it was the weekend right after all the Tornado's swept through Atlanta and up I-75 to Chattanooga TN so even with the singer John Berry playing that weekend they had a low turnout!

But what I found out that weekend is its hard to believe with the BILLIONS of dollars our government spends on defense they really don't seem to have that great of benefits to help our wounded hero's nor our homeless veterans! Sure they have the VA my wife has to go their regularly but I have been with her on some of her visits and I feel that my Dog gets better attention paid to him at our local Vet than what she sometimes gets from the VA when she needs help! So we are lucky to have foundations like The Wounded Warrior Project and others that do try to step up and make things right for our Super Hero's!

We posted this on our Face Book page I hope it will help some as well!

In the words of Forest Gump " Thats all I have to say about that"

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted a link for this cause on the Johnson & Johnson approved upper mgt tax write off list. I have a feeling come the end of the year you will be way over your goal.

I also placed the link in our company "Security Gate Systems" news letter going out to all our friends all over the world. Thats the best I can do to help out this cause, Good Luck..!

zout

I feel it inappropriate (so afraid ) to have my name listed.

Human response - chit - someone donated more than me
there are folks that donated less
did not see so & so donate yet

Honestly - what I have belongs to God anyhow and that is whom I have been allowed to get it from and it is MY responsibility to choose wisely to where His money is donated through Deb and I.

With many a Harley Davidson rallies and business's hitting you up for special funds this time of year - I WANNA KNOW exactly where every penny of that money goes. If is mostely goes to pay someones salary at a facilty and they call it non profit - they will not see a penny of it - nor will I spend one second of my life to support it.

Then the donated funds - I want to make sure every penny is used in benefit of what is advsertised to collect the funds for.

I do not care if you believe this thought process or not - sooner or later it will make sence.

Anytime we donate money or items - leave our names out of it - just take it and do what you gotta do - and we do not need a pat on the arse or back telling us we did it. Way too complicated for me - gotta go.

SteelSoldier asked for a starting point IF YOU COULD - and I really feel bad there are a lot of GOOD folks out there this time of year especially that are having troubles - and I for one do not want to make them feel out of place by a listing of a stupid name on a site.

Srjeeper

Thought this may help change some minds...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwZAekKkcQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the great donations so far everyone!! I changed our page options so only the first name is shown. Let me know if this is acceptable.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Done by credit card. Was hoping like hdexpert that we could use paypal; that might be a way to open up the donation pool. Great project, and many thanks!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for all of the great donations so far folks. We're almost to $3000! Please keep up the good work and tell your friends and family about it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks