• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gamma goat only goes Thirty Miles an hour..

Joe Gamma

I can not say definatly I know. The Governor actually has adjustment screws..One outside made the engine rev higher but no additinal speed..The second you had to take off a small cover and two bolts, just increased the idle rpm and nothing else...There is a third screw that I havn't the time to screw with, yet that may be the key which I believe is in the Govenor...

The real reason I stopped is I am replacing the steering box so I would not drive it faster now anyway...

I will find the diagram and send it to you if you pm me your e-mail...but I am away till monday.

Joe

goat whisperer

governor adjustment...

After I replaced the injectors I wanted to adjust the governor too to get the maximum out of the engine. By that time John Smith, a member of the yahhoo gama goat group, provided the instruction for adjustment to me, cause I had no idea how to do...

GOVERNOR ADJUSTMENT (by John Smith)

goat whisperer

yes....

Wow sounds complicated. I will have to walk through it before doing it. Thanks though.
it is complicated...but most important to get the maximum out of the DD 3-53.
I needed several days to adjust the governor. For testing you allways have to take the goat on the road and after the ride perhaps doing the work again...and again... After I finished my goat goes a little more than 60 mph

Joe Gamma

When I first got my Goat the old guys kept scaring me about 3-53's running away. I will probably leave that to the pros but would love a RPM indicator on the beast.

Joe C

Thanks again Ulf on the Governer Stuff...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks