• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iraq trucks

camp9

I was wondering if there is a way to find out prior to a sale if a truck has been over to the middle east and back? I think it would be great to own a truck that I knew had been deployed. :-D

camp9

Once in a while when looking at a desert camo truck you'll see where the triangle was painted over on the door, and that probably dosen't always mean it was over there.

czechers1999

At the risk of sounding stupid I'll ask Can you tell me what the triangle means please. The m1009 in my avatar was once desert tan an d on the door I can see what looks like an upside down "v" in thick paint with rough brush strokes. This is also on the hood

ARYankee

There was a M35A3 at the DRMO lot in Little Rock that was used to train the Iraqis. If I remember correctly it had the Iraqi flag on the door. I asked our GL guy and that is what he told me. I didn't really look at it too much because he said that it wouldn't ever come up for auction. That was about 2 years ago. I think it would be cool to have something that was deployed over seas.

chvss65

My bobbed deuce, came out of a Michigan NG Transportation company that was deployed to Iraq during the 1st conflict,,, it was tan till repainted,, Carnac vin thread confirmed the use by the NG unit,, their unit history net page confirmed their deployment,, but didnt know all details until I owned the truck

firefirefire90

At the risk of sounding stupid I'll ask Can you tell me what the triangle means please. The m1009 in my avatar was once desert tan an d on the door I can see what looks like an upside down "v" in thick paint with rough brush strokes. This is also on the hood
No need to feel stupid. The Inverted V references the coalition vehicle markings in Desert Storm. Most if not all coalition force vehicles in Desert Storm had them. I think they're pretty cool so I added them to my truck. It is my understanding they were there mainly because they didn't want the longbows and warthogs to attack friendly convoys so they put those on to identify themselves.

SPCWarning

In Desert Shield/Storm,it was for "Allied Forces"

flyxpl

In my A3 glovebox I found paperwork for a driver, his trucks serial #( my truck ), the other trucks in his convoy , the weapon he was carrying, The weapon the other drivers were carrying . All this was on a form with a date of March 2004 to leave a base in Kuwait to go pick up troops . Had the truck two months before I looked in the glovebox and found it .

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My contact maintenance truck and the two others at the same auction (July 08) were in Irag. Shipping label was intact and legible.
Also by researching the unit it came from, Camp9's neighbor, Co. C, 107th EN, I found photos online of it in Iraq.
First is in Iraq, second at Lansing

Attachments

Last edited:

firefirefire90

My contact maintenance truck and the two others at the same auction (July 08) were in Irag. Shipping label was intact and legible.
Also by researching the unit it came from, Camp9's neighbor, Co. C, 107th EN, I found photos online of it in Iraq.
First is in Iraq, second at Lansing
that's awesome!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks