• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iraq trucks

camp9

Shipping labels, looking in the glove box and paintings on the side are ways to try to figure it out. On site inspections are a must then. Thanks for all the good info guys. :-D

camp9

My contact maintenance truck and the two others at the same auction (July 08) were in Irag. Shipping label was intact and legible.
Also by researching the unit it came from, Camp9's neighbor, Co. C, 107th EN, I found photos online of it in Iraq.
First is in Iraq, second at Lansing
That is way to cool. I know one of the guys that would of been over there probably about the same time from the 107th out of Gladstone. Matter a fact they just got back from Afghanistan. Heres a link to the story if your interested. Welcome home 1430th Vertical Engineering Company - DailyPress.net | News, Sports, Jobs, Escanaba Information | The Daily Press Thanks Eric :)

camp9

I think I may have found a desert storm truck. Bought it on a GL sale for parts and didn't see the marking on the door until the light got just right. I took a sander and found this under the paint. It looks to have been brushed on. It may be a peace of junk, but it's a part of history for me.:beer:

Attachments

camp9

I picked up a M101 trailer last week that went to Kuwait. Didn't notice it until today, but ODdave mentioned the shipping label and as I was walking by it noticed a label with the bar code under the green paint. Started taking it off and sure enough, it had been shipped over there and back again. This one is a keeper. Here some pics for anyone that is like me and dosen't know what the label looks like. :beer:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks