• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Parts list

STSCSS

Hey folks,
Getting Mater up and running and have realized that there is no list that I can find of M37 parts through commercial sources’. I just found a complete head gasket set new at rock auto parts (FEL-PRO Part # HS7564C HEAD SETS (HS) are used for upper engine repair only, typically on a valve grind) For $33.79 and Autolite 2243 plugs for $6.43 each.
As you can see I pulled the header off and saw that between 3&4 and 5&6 Cyl there is considerable burn through no wonder the old truck won't start! Compression was in order #60,#90,#30,#30,#30,#10.
Now I don’t know how would be the best to produce a list but if you have a good part number that you have used in 2011 please post here I will try to make a list.
Besides Plugs, Gaskets, and Oil Filter what other commercial parts have you all found?

Attachments

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vintage Power Wagons, Midwest Military (Minnesota), Adirondack Surplus, and of course, AB Linn in NC.

Frank

STSCSS

Midwest military of course but who else carries the basics plugs bulbs and non specific parts? Example summit racing carries dot 5 brake fluid at a reasonable price, they also list a disc brake set that appears to be more complete and easier to installl that one I found here.
That is what I am asking where else is there parts for the M37that we are overlooking?

Cav Trooper

Star Electric Ordnance does not have a website, just his email address. He was set up at MVPA Convention. You can reach him by landline or email. He is located right outside Ft. Knox, Ky.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
STSCSS Better check that head for "flat"! My guess is that you will have to mill it. Last time I did mine, it was out .017. A gasket won't hold with that kind of difference.

Tanner

...they also list a disc brake set that appears to be more complete and easier to installl that one I found here.
Don't think so... :?

Ray @ Helitool/Ugly Truckling has been making the conversion disc brake kits to install GM bits onto stock M37 axles... and Speedway doesn't carry M37 bits.

'Tanner'

nattieleather

Star Electric Ordnance does not have a website, just his email address. He was set up at MVPA Convention. You can reach him by landline or email. He is located right outside Ft. Knox, Ky.
I know that. Kevin and I have known each other for oh maybe 20-25 years. My question was directed to the OP asking him to post the information and webpage from Summit Racing on the disk brakes for an M37. I believe he is wrong in his information.

STSCSS

The disk brake system I saw in summit catalog appears to be for the Same type of axel and drums that are on the m37. Question is the axel and spine a dana driveshaft.

nattieleather

The disk brake system I saw in summit catalog appears to be for the Same type of axel and drums that are on the m37. Question is the axel and spine a dana driveshaft.
Nope! The axles on the M37 are all Dodge. I think one might be able to make a disk brake kit work with much modification etc, but I would think that by the time your down you would still end up doing what Uglytruckling did with his kits. So one would reinvent the wheel so to speak.

If one wants Dana axles on the M37 then you have to do some modification to either the truck or the axle or both in order to make it work. Believe me I know from first had experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks