• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Premium Membership Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in for two! $30 is a small price to pay for what I've gained from the site the last year. Keep up the good work fellas!!!

[thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Don't care if there is a identifier or not, not really needed, think there should be a vender one so we can patronize them, a V would do, I believe in KISS

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you get BANNED you have to start the clock over. :) Just like the Navy and going to mast.
No, do it like the Navy does with Mast's and your hash marks. If you get banned your star becomes red for a period of time.:beer:

100acre

classified

I have upgraded and I may wish to sell something in the classifieds, but, what if it were one of my hit and miss or antique steam engines. I realize they aren't mv related , but I'd probably be selling to to pay for my MV addiction. Am I allowed to do this or does what I sell have to be limited to military vehicle stuff? Can what we sell here not be MV related yet be military surplus?

Terracoma

Another question regarding the classifieds... Will there be a solution implemented for member feedback?

Just curious, as I know there are bigger fish right now, and that things are still evolving.

:beer:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have upgraded and I may wish to sell something in the classifieds, but, what if it were one of my hit and miss or antique steam engines. I realize they aren't mv related , but I'd probably be selling to to pay for my MV addiction. Am I allowed to do this or does what I sell have to be limited to military vehicle stuff? Can what we sell here not be MV related yet be military surplus?
While it's supposed to be MV related, I suppose if there was mention of MV's in the thread....

Another question regarding the classifieds... Will there be a solution implemented for member feedback?

Just curious, as I know there are bigger fish right now, and that things are still evolving.

There will be a new feedback system installed. One that will readily inform other users of the person's feedback in the user's postbit.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are going to allow non-MV items in the ads, can they have their own category so we don't have to search through the ads unless someone wanted too?2cents

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, do it like the Navy does with Mast's and your hash marks. If you get banned your star becomes red for a period of time.:beer:

That's what I meant, just not what I said (typed). Thanks for having my back again shipmate.

DJDD

Ok, I'm gonna throw my 2cents in here and probably :deadhorse: or two. For the record, I'm an IT guy with tons of time on forums in the past few years. It seems that some folks just can't wrap their head around a few things.

With the forum style classifieds, you can post in the for sale thread and ask the seller questions without paying for the premium membership. So in order to buy an item instead of clicking on 'Submit an Offer' you send them a PM. Not really much to it.

Non-MV items should be allowed to be sold. Just add another sub forum labeled Non-MV or something. The users of this site have grown to like each other and might want to pass on a deal to other SS brothers (and sisters) before putting an item up for sale to the masses.

Paid membership recognition is a little tricky. However, if some of you remember the game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you'll remember that the icon that was your rank changed every time you started back over on the scale. Same thing should apply here for each year you are a paid member.

Now, for a suggestion on the classifieds. I know vBulletin has an option to put a location before the title of the thread, might want to look into that with vBadvanced. Also, prices need to go in the thread title. This streamlines the process of a user searching for an item and they don't waste their time trying to find the price only to realize that this seller is smoking crack and the item is priced 3x what it should be.

One question about the year time frame. Is it based on 12 months from today or is it based on the calendar year? If the calendar year, alot of you just paid for a month and will have to renew on 1 Jan.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. Its 0250 here in Iraq right now and I think I just saw a pink duck waddle by, so I'm taking that as my cue to go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks