• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Premium Membership Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickf

Well, I paid and I am in so I really don't care if others know I paid or not. If they need to know they can ask me. I don't see this star thing working because every time there is a suggestion, ANY suggestion, there are a bunch that do not like it and want their way implemented. Basically if you put anything up there somebody will be unhappy.

Rick

greenjeepster

I'm not sure if it should move. People don't solely buy their MV's in the classified area of this board. Sometimes people are buying from GL or GSA and needing help.
Right, but it is still just a want ad for a service, it isn't asking for advice. If a benefit of being a paid member is that you can post classifieds wouldn't that qualify?

The same argument could be made that people buy broken trucks from GL and GSA and need parts, so the wanted ads shouldn't be in the classified either.

greenjeepster

Looks like premium membership has been a huge success so far... Even with all the naysayers, by my calculations the forum has made between 1200 and 2k in less then a week.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK guys I am not usually and idiot but I cannot figure out how to pay for this, I tried to sign up for 2 years for 30.00 and the only option I can see is Paypal, well I DONT have a paypal account and would hate to open one for this ONE transaction, so My question is how do I pay?
KK

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK guys I am not usually and idiot but I cannot figure out how to pay for this, I tried to sign up for 2 years for 30.00 and the only option I can see is Paypal, well I DONT have a paypal account and would hate to open one for this ONE transaction, so My question is how do I pay?
KK
When you click to pay with PayPal it should bring up a total page for you on that page if you look down on the right side you should see a link that says YOU DONT HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT if you click that it will allow you to put in your credit or debit card info to pay we use this option a lot in our store to make credit card payments.

Hope this helps.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like premium membership has been a huge success so far... Even with all the naysayers, by my calculations the forum has made between 1200 and 2k in less then a week.
Not exactly, a large number of people had already donated recently and were grandfathered in.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not exactly, a large number of people had already donated recently and were grandfathered in.
I have few posts but use the SS site A LOT. I have gotten more from this MV site than any other, anywhere.

I recently donated to help restore the TM section in response to a thread posted by someone else regarding the TM section. I replied that it might be good to donate regularly to assist the site in software upgrades etc.
I was sort of shouted down by other posts and made to feel a little foolish.

Indirectly... you have vindicated my previous meager attempt to better the site with the recent changes you have made. Putting some skin in the game makes one pay more attention to what they are a part of. I am signing up for two years the minute I finish this post. even though I was grandfathered in).

I appreciate being a courteous and helpful member of Steel Soldiers.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That explains why when I subscribed for two years, I ended up with three years. Thanks for looking out for members that have donted. This site has been a fantastic help and is well worth the $15..00 per year.

Sephirothq

Just an idea here.

At the shows, like the aberdeen , gilbert, etc shows, rallies etc. What if the steel soldiers had some sort of representation there?

Like a small wireless setup so people could join the forum and just give someone the $15 in person.

Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks