• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 5T gun truck concept

L1A1

Hey
I was going to post this in the "5 ton mod" forum but thought that it really didn't fit so then I was going to post it in the "Conversations" forum until I found the "guntrucks" forum which is probably where this belongs.

I was originally looking at images of M923 trucks (to see what one looked like:oops:) when I stumbled across this modeler's website with some actual gun truck concept vehicle photos on it. Acording to the text, this truck was originally fab'd up in Kuwait on an M809 5 ton using an M113 APC hull.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?82502-Modelling-military-vehicles/page56

Interesting isn't it?
Matt

Last edited:

Driver523

That truck I believe was called the Alabama Slammer (getting to old to remember all this stuff)----The build was started and after 6 months they decided it just wasn't worth it, too much work and stuff coming together that was just better armor---personally I'd hate to be in that thing when something got in with no way to get out cept to bounce around till you collect it--------Driver

L1A1

Driver
I know what you mean. It certainly looks like it was a lot of work just getting to the point that we see in the photos. Hull kind of looks like it's just sitting there on top of the 5 ton's frame and would come off if they went around a corner too quickly. Still, it is a pretty cool looking vehicle in it's own light.
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks