• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to get into Military Jeeps

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is your budget? Real military jeeps are not cheap. A m38a1 is generally the cheapest of all compared to like condition m151s, m38s and esp wwii mb or GPWs

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking for about 4 months and have an add in the wanted section here and G503. My budget is exactly twice yours 10 to 12 K and I have not found one yet. You could buy an old CJ for your money that would run and not need too much work but I do not think you will find a Military unit. Best of luck to you and I hope you do but I doubt it.

fasttruck

You can get aftermarket overdrives that go between the transfer case and the rear axle to improve speed, but remember just because it goes faster does not mean it will stop faster with the stock brakes.

Flyingvan911

Each model has it’s pluses and minuses. If you can find some members nearby to let you go for a test drive that would be the best thing. Be sure to search for the threads on the KAMO rally. It’s held each October at the D-Day Park in Wyandotte, OK.

dependable

If it is MASH the TV show you are referring to, I remember they had MBs, M-38s (and possibly a few m-38A1s, which would not be period correct for Korean war era, by a year or so, if I recall).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is MASH the TV show you are referring to, I remember they had MBs, M-38s (and possibly a few m-38A1s, which would not be period correct for Korean war era, by a year or so, if I recall).
The Korean war ended mid 1953 which was well into the production of M38A1's.

just me

I just bought a fairly rare Navy Jeep January this year. Paid $3,000 and drove it until a month ago when I started
The restoration. The thing is a little rocket compared to any other military Jeep. (It's geared higher and weighs 900lbs less than an M38.)
Best thing is, when it is done, it will be the only one of its model at ANY event I go to.
There are plenty of ex military Jeeps around here in all stages of restoration. Contact your local clubs and see what is available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks