• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th Semi-Annual Texas Military Vehicle Rally

OL AG '89

Alright all you procRastinators!!!!
We said we would do the reserve and get a good number prior to the event and it looks like some of us have forgotten the issues of the last NON-event!!!
I realize the show will go on without us, but let's make this make plan a model for the next rally without the Mullins show!
I'm still "donating" the $50 gift card, but would like to see a bunch more of you O.D.ers in the running.
I'll make easier on all of those who want to be in the mix.
Lincoln, at the end of this month 31 Jan. send me a list of everyone signed up AND PAID.
I will make tags for those people and hand them out at the rally. I will then have a disinterested party at the meet, draw a name from a steel pot.
O.K. Here we are at the end of January....... So this is your last chance to get in on the BIG BIG BIG drawing available ONLY to SS members who have pre-registered AND PAID!!!!!!
After this Friday, you're out in the COLD like PUUTS PHIL!!:!:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OLD AG,
you still looking for those camo nettings sets? Try Dragon Man out of Colorado Springs - i got two new set with two sets (one large, one med) net in them for $125, plus you would need to add s&h from Co to Tx.

But they are brand new issue - don't know how they come out of GL, but they did

and if I wasn't going to N.C. for the last two weeks of March, I would be interested, but I commited to this over six months ago...

you guys have a great time

Last edited:

OL AG '89

Seems as though everyone has ENOUGH coin in their pocket, since no-one else has signed up for the BIG BIG GIFT card.....:!:
Lincoln - how many of us have volunteered for the fun and friendship ?
FRIDAY THE 17th is positively the FINAL day for the BIG offer!!! no exceptions!!!

nofearnohope

Seems as though everyone has ENOUGH coin in their pocket, since no-one else has signed up for the BIG BIG GIFT card.....:!:
Lincoln - how many of us have volunteered for the fun and friendship ?
FRIDAY THE 17th is positively the FINAL day for the BIG offer!!! no exceptions!!!
Just you, me and Barrman. We have several maybes as well.

OL AG '89

Lincoln,
Looks like we have about 5 signed up, some of them still maybes. Do we need to figure the cost of BVORR so everyone knows what we are looking at for the weekend. I think I read he's getting $600/weekend which puts it at $120 a head????? If that's the case, I'll probably drive in and drive out Saturday, can't see spending that kind of coin for a chance to sleep in the back of a MV vehicle, did that for 20+ years, no need to bring back old memories!!!

Have you inquired whether we can just setup at museum and camp there instead? Don't know if they are setup or would consider that, but worth a try at this the 11th hour.

nofearnohope

I just got off the phone with the owner of BVORR and we worked out a much better deal to keep this thing going and keep the cost down. There will be a minimum charge of $200 for the weekend ($100/per day), but not to exceed $15/day for each member. We are set for a max of $30 for the weekend. This amount can be brought down even further should we get enough people to cover the full $600 for the weekend.

anjay22

headcount

I will bring my Deuce and 105. I have a total of 6 in my family plus 4 more from Kileen. Don't worry, I will pay for both. I also have another Deuce owner friend that may show with a headcount of 5.

pistolnut

I am pushing this weekend to get the project truck at least to where I can play on the trails at BVORR. Radiator is ordered, cab swap this weekend if I can get the tractor started. Then just have to mount a few tires, rig up a fuel tank, fix the exhaust leaks, fix all the stuff that broke or died on its own since the last time I messed with it, etc, etc, etc...

Barrman

Scratch my M715 from the event. It has a nice window on the side of the oil pan now. Long story. Anyway, it will probably be just the M35A2 for me this time around.

OL AG '89

Hey Tim, Sad to hear about the M715, but remember the cattle at A&M with the bubbles? just make a plexi cover for it and we can invite some M.E.'s so they can watch the inner workings of a "real" engine....... but seriously, not a good sign when the teacher blows his ride!!!

And so now that everyone has woken up from the winter slumber........
How many are there total at this point?

I count around 15 bodies and 6 vehicles?

Last edited:

Barrman

Pistolnut and I are talking about me dragging his Whistler behind mine to the event. We will then spend some of Friday and Saturday afternoon swapping out the entire wiring harness. Our thinking is that all of us spent hours sitting around talking last year after we got back from the show. We might as well be talking and doing something constructive at the same time. Him and I have been trying to find a weekend to do this wiring swap for about 4 years now.

Lincoln needs to do some work to his truck and I imagine Allen will need something done to his once he rolls in. So, bring along your TM's and favorite tools if you want to help. Nobody has to work on anything.

My students were actually pretty glad to hear the M715 engine now has a window. They just want to work on stuff and don't have a clue what things cost.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks