• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

They certainly did not stamp that on the data plate. One plate says serial number, the other says Identification Number. They also do not have BMY in the state Data base, so they put American General on the title. So the lady is working on having BMY added to the data base. Some fun.

Attachments

Last edited:

Amer-team

I know I understand that, but the local vehicle inspection person is confused on the issue. Another variable on this is that the VIN's were originally for passenger vehicles and not trucks. Haven't researched that further yet. We will prevail.

rancherrob

Deuce for sale for $1

Hey Ya'll,
I'm selling my truck. I put it on ebay for $1 with No Reserve. If anyone is interested, please check it out. I'd like to see it go to a good home. It's down here in Washougal, WA if anyone wants to come take a look in person. I'm hoping I at least get scrap value out of it. :)
Ebay Posting

Thanks,
Rob

rolling18

nice!
where did you get the TRUX wood?
how much did that cost total?

my troop seats are TOASTED and rotten I need to do the same..
thanks!

and good luck on the sale! Id kill for air lockers heh

Amer-team

Have the PNW Steelsoldiers campout at Winlock July 19-22. You might look on FB PNW Steelsoldiers for more info. July 4, Summerfest parade Centralia. Historic Display 0900 to 1230, lunch my house and then parade starting at 1600. May be other things as well.

rolling18

ok great and thanks for the update!
Has anyone here done or wanted to do the "gambler 500" in a deuce?? I am thinking about trying that.. (not for "race" but just to complete/

rustystud

ok great and thanks for the update!
Has anyone here done or wanted to do the "gambler 500" in a deuce?? I am thinking about trying that.. (not for "race" but just to complete/
What is the "Gambler 500" ? Is it a race like the "Baja 500" ? If so then I've seen deuces compete in that many times. Also a Cadillac !

rancherrob

Hey Rolling,

The Trex wood I bought at Parr Lumber in Vancouver. They have locations in Portland too. I don't remember what the Trex cost though. I'm going to guess around $850 in wood 5 years ago. If you want/need ARB air lockers and trex troop seats, just buy my truck and swap parts you want and then sell it again. The ARB air lockers alone were $3k for materials ($1k each) + labor so at the current auction price of $2k, you'd be money way ahead. Plus you are close by which makes it a lot easier to get it home.

-Scott

rustystud

Summerfest in Centralia WA on the 4th. Display in Borst Park in the morning, parade in the afternoon. Info thread below:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?179364-Summerfest-Centralia-WA-July-4-2018
Ah, Fort Borst. My brothers used to dig out "arrow heads" from that old fort. That was back in the early fifties. I don't believe anymore are left now.
I really need to get back down there. I was born in Chehalis and still have family down there. Most live around Napavine now.

JEB

Hi, John here in NE Washington.
Since the State, for no apparent good reason, won't license a HMMWV here, I've lost a lot of my interest in acquiring a MV.

However, a nice M38A1 might be a good substitute.
Please let me know if you know of an available one in the PNW.

I'm looking for a stock example that doesn't need a lot of work.

(And yes, I've seen the ad in Hemmings and several other places by the dealer in Carnation that is offering a M38 who has listed it as a M38A1...two issues it's t o.o expensive and secondly, I really don't want to buy from a seller or dealer who is too stupid to correctly list the vehicle. :) )

Amer-team

Hi, John here in NE Washington.
Since the State, for no apparent good reason, won't license a HMMWV here, I've lost a lot of my interest in acquiring a MV.

However, a nice M38A1 might be a good substitute.
Please let me know if you know of an available one in the PNW.

I'm looking for a stock example that doesn't need a lot of work.

(And yes, I've seen the ad in Hemmings and several other places by the dealer in Carnation that is offering a M38 who has listed it as a M38A1...two issues it's t o.o expensive and secondly, I really don't want to buy from a seller or dealer who is too stupid to correctly list the vehicle. :) )
Do you need a runner or are you ready to do some work on it? Also am having a meeting with a State Rep on this issue of MV licensing on 19 DEC. There was a bill ran in the last legislative session, that seemed to be oriented towards Humvees. It had bipartisan support but did not come out of committee. Am trying to run that again with the addition of Historic Military trailers as well. Will keep folks posted so that we can go testify when it comes up. I didn't even know about the last run, until it was too late.

JEB

I'm looking for a runner.

I was the guy who got last year's bill rolling via our senator, Mike Padden.
I testified in front of the committee.

Yes, it was aimed at HMMWVs, Because it seemed easier. The plan was to add the to the list of vehicles eligible for collector plates...I'm other words, they'd have to be 30 years old and limited use.

I tried to get the word out, repeatedly contacting the presidents of the state MVPA chapters, never received a reply. I was told that the group was pretty much focused on old Jeeps and WWII stuff (which can be licensed despite not meeting FMVSS).

The only support we received was from SEMA.

Hopefully, we'll have better luck next time.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yes, it was aimed at HMMWVs, Because it seemed easier. The plan was to add the to the list of vehicles eligible for collector plates...I'm other words, they'd have to be 30 years old and limited use.

I tried to get the word out, repeatedly contacting the presidents of the state MVPA chapters, never received a reply. I was told that the group was pretty much focused on old Jeeps and WWII stuff (which can be licensed despite not meeting FMVSS).

If you're not on the PNW SS facebook page, you should be.

Amer-team

Sorry, don't know who it went to, but I heard about it after it died in committee. You might que up your Rep. that this is coming again. I will be talking with Rep. Ed Orcutt on this issue 19 DEC. He has seen my vehicles in multiple parades and knows what we do with them. This time we will have people there for the hearings. We will try to do better this time. Technically the way they wrote the bill, the CV plates are for vehicles over 30 years old and retired military vehicles. That implies to me that if it was an historic military vehicle, it didn't have to meet the 30 statute. I also added in 3 or 4 places historic military trailers. Other than that it looked good. My goal is that if we get historic military vehicles or surplus military vehicles, that will give us an implied consent to license these vehicles. Also it said surplus US vehicles. That might be problematic if someone wanted to import a foreign vehicle. Thank you for working on this. John if you want, send me an email and your phone and we could talk about options. Peter 360-870-0706 lahmann@localaccess.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks