• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California members

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a meetup out in Barstow April 7th - 11th. A group of guys who host it come up from Irvine and other areas down there. You could probably convey up with them. Here is the link.

Great! Thank you! I will contact them.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Authorized Vehicle Verifiers are:

DMV employees.

Peace officers including military police (California Penal Code §830).

Employees of auto clubs that provide registration services.

Auto club verifiers must include the abbreviation of their auto club name with their signature.

Persons licensed as vehicle verifiers by DMV.

Licensed vehicle verifiers cannot do VIN inspections for revived salvage, revived junk, SPCNS vehicles, or motorcycles with an unavailable California record (last registered in California but a record no longer appears on the DMV database).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The easiest way in CA is to get a Vermont title registration and plates completely by mail if it’s over 20 years old Then walk into dmv with the Vermont items and swap plates. They have to register it due to reciprocity but don’t mention it’s a MV. Doesn’t work with HMMWVs or post 1997 diesels. There is a housecar workaround with that but I’ve never done it and it’s kinda sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gslader

Hi gslader,

Welcome to the Outfit! From all the way across the country here in North Carolina - an official welcome. It looks like you are ready to roll. Guessing maybe you drove it home? Seems like I remember your post about driving 500 miles to get it there...

Maybe you want to create your own thread that puts a stake in the ground showing where you started. Then as you work along on repairing things, snap a few pictures and post them up for everybody to see. Be sure to download your free copies of the TM's (Technical Manuals) so you have easy access to the diagnostic flow charts in them.

Again, welcome to the group!
@Mullaney thanks for the suggestion to create a thread on my truck, I finally got around to this and posted one on the main FMTV page.

KN6KXR

Finally got my CA title! Had it for all of a couple days then sent it in for historic plate application. I went non-op with it to get the MI title to a CA title and not pay huge reg fees (the wrecker is 37k#). Anyways hopefully they won't give me too much grief. Love to hear anybodies story if they got it kicked back and how they dealt with it. I'm going in real light on info. Let them ask......

Another Ahab

Finally got my CA title! I'm going in real light on info. Let them ask......
A lawyer buddy of mine told me once that your strategy is the best one to follow...

...if you ever have to testify in a legal trial:

- Just answer "yes", "no", or "I don't know".

Said it's the best way to stay out of getting tangled up in trouble.

Congratulations on the Title!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A lawyer buddy of mine told me once that your strategy is the best one to follow...

...if you ever have to testify in a legal trial:

- Just answer "yes", "no", or "I don't know".

Said it's the best way to stay out of getting tangled up in trouble.

Congratulations on the Title!!
My lawyer friend who was in the Jaycees when my dad was in the Marine Corps Reserve - doing the Toys For Tots campaign - way back when offered me similar advise and council. He was a lawyer before lawyers advertised, so he was definitely was "old school".

HeyFool

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the site. Where are you picking up the trailer?
I am picking it up in Yermo.

Excellent, HeyFool. Nice find!!

What made you decide on a trailer?
I have always loved trailers in general. I want to do more outdoors stuff and get into camping or expeditions. Started looking at overland trailers, but saw they were either super pricy or didn't cover all my needs. So the M1102 fit my initial needs and future ideas with a great price. I also wanted a fun project to work on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks