• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California members

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blisters,

if you are looking for an M35A2 ww, you should look at Will Wagner's. it's for sale in the classifieds and is a very nice truck...and a great price for it's running condition.

pat038536

Can I get a temp registration sticker in California to put on a newly purchased M-931 tractor I purchased from GL?
If you mean the red temporary operating permit.. then no you can't.

There are only a few circumstances where DMV will issue one and yours doesn''t meet the requirement, unless, your vehicle falls under this specific condition:

Issuance of TOP for Other Reasons

A 30-day Temporary Operating Permit may be issued on a one time basis for an incomplete application under the following circumstances:
An application for registration of a nonresident vehicle.
When the vehicle must be referred to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) for inspection/or assignment of the vehicle identification number (VIN).
For registration of a vehicle subject to Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (FHVUT
).

NOTE: A commercial vehicle owner having difficulty filing the FHVUT may be issued a one-time 60-day permit if the registration expiration date is July 31.
For a vehicle impounded after the registration fees have been paid (unless biennial smog is required).
When the DMV office manager or designee determines it is appropriate.
A TOP shall not be issued until proof of insurance is submitted, if required for the transaction.
An incomplete application (RDF) receipt is not a permit. It does not convey authority to drive, move, or leave a vehicle standing.
No TOP will be issued if proof of insurance is required and has not been submitted.

25.015 Temporary Operating Permit (CVC §4156)

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Vehicles Operated on One-Trip Permit

4003. A permit, as described in Section 9258, may be issued by the department for operating any of the following vehicles, except a crane:
(a) A vehicle while being moved or operated unladen for one continuous trip from a place within this state to another place either within or without this state or from a place without this state to a place within this state.
(b) A vehicle while being moved or operated for one round trip to be completed within 60 days from one place to another for the purpose of participating as a vehicular float or display in a lawful parade or exhibition, provided that the total round trip does not exceed 100 miles.
The department may issue a quantity of permits under this subsection in booklet form upon payment of the proper fee for each permit contained in said booklet. Each permit shall be valid for only one vehicle and for only one continuous trip. Such permit shall be posted upon the windshield or other prominent place upon a vehicle and shall identify the vehicle to which it is affixed. When so affixed, such permit shall serve in lieu of California registration."

V C Section 4003 Vehicles Operated on One Trip Permit

Montanaro5

I won it last week and I'm picking it up next week in Barstow. I'm asking them to supply the FN97. I've never done this and I'm looking for the ins and outs. Do you know if these trucks can be operated in CA given the recent air quality issues?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks