• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico members check in here!

SimplexCoda

Howdy everyone. I don’t think I’ve seen this thread before. Ive been lurking a while and don’t have a truck....yet. But, I’m a history buff and love military history. In fact, I work at a museum, though not military. Any who, I’d love to learn more about the trucks and their use in combat while I dream of the day I can pick up an M928a2 and build a camper on it. And my location? Ruidoso.

Edit: phone typing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wicked505

Hey all! I’m new to posting in the forum but I’m from Albuquerque. Had my Blazer for 2 and a half years and love driving it. Recently got it up and running again and I’m super excited. Let me know what’s coming up. I’m always down to meet up with fellow members.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, 505.

If you find yourself some 150 miles to the north some day, let me know. I have a few M1009 parts I should sell.
That's if the 3.08 gears will make it up to 7,500 feet (sorry, couldn't resist).

Wicked505

Welcome, 505.

If you find yourself some 150 miles to the north some day, let me know. I have a few M1009 parts I should sell.
That's if the 3.08 gears will make it up to 7,500 feet (sorry, couldn't resist).

Hahaha that’s very true. It will go slow but eventually get up there. Where are you located? What do you have? I drive up to Denver sometimes being a trucker.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhat close to Chama, so unfortunately not exactly along your Denver route.

I have all kinds of little stuff, including new springs, come to think of it, and up to a built 6.5 and a 4L80E and an Atlas transfer case to go with it.
Oh, and built axles, currently under a 6.2 Suburban.

It's been a while since I peeked in the M1009 boxes, so I'm not really sure what all might be in there. Anything you know that you need?

Another Ahab

Hey all! I’m new to posting in the forum but I’m from Albuquerque. Had my Blazer for 2 and a half years and love driving it. Recently got it up and running again and I’m super excited. Let me know what’s coming up. I’m always down to meet up with fellow members.
Welcome, Brother!

From here in the Mid-Atlantic.

Don't know a FLU from a Common Cold, but glad you're on-board.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every day we wake up without a tag on our toe can't be all bad, right?

Here it's raining, and will keep raining, for about a week - and we're under a winter storm watch. It did snow last night, down to maybe 8,000 feet.

I traveled in your direction last week, but only to eastern Oklahoma. Somehow managed to avoid both hail and tornadoes, but it was close.

Another Ahab

Here it's raining, and will keep raining, for about a week - and we're under a winter storm watch. It did snow last night, down to maybe 8,000 feet.
Winter storm watch?

I know it's legal out your way and all, but maybe you should stop smoking that stuff, FLU Farm, it's messing with you...

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, I KNEW I should've taken a photo of the snow. If it clears up any tomorrow, I will.

Okay, double checked, it's a "Winter Weather Advisory". Whatever it's called, there's snow in them thar hills now. So there.

Wicked505

Somewhat close to Chama, so unfortunately not exactly along your Denver route.

I have all kinds of little stuff, including new springs, come to think of it, and up to a built 6.5 and a 4L80E and an Atlas transfer case to go with it.
Oh, and built axles, currently under a 6.2 Suburban.

It's been a while since I peeked in the M1009 boxes, so I'm not really sure what all might be in there. Anything you know that you need?

Nothing in particular yet. I just bought two new batteries and a new whip antenna since I broke my previous one. Chana is beautiful country. I’m jealous.

Sevo

Hey guys

Saying hello from Roswell NM. I am always looking for OD Iron. Right now I need a slant back kit or turret kit for my HMMWv. Anyone in NM help a guy out?

if anyone is down my way give me a holler.

If you all put a camp camp rally together let me know as well. I will bring the MKT and make us some nice meals.

Sevo

Hey man I am not sure what that is?

Do you have any Slant back or soft top parts? Also looking to do one in that.

Let me know your thoughts

thanks so much

Chris

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, that's basically an M1008, but with better mechanicals and an aluminum box on the back (not slant back, though), with a generator, compressor, and such inside.

Unfortunately, the only HMMW related thing I have is a GEP built 6.5, still on a pallet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks