• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico members check in here!

Gu3

Tres Piedras, next to San Antonio mountain.:shrugs:

Might be nice to have a get together next summer here in the mountains at one of the local lakes! Do some fishing!

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tres Piedras, next to San Antonio mountain.:shrugs:

Might be nice to have a get together next summer here in the mountains at one of the local lakes! Do some fishing!
Hey, you're just over the hill from me.
Fishing? Well, I have considered running the snow blower on the FLU419 through the river this spring and find out how much fish it could fling out.
There's a lake down the road, but I don't think the rangers would allow that kind of fishing there.

Gu3

Yes, I traced out some roads on Google Earth trying to find a short cut to Chama, and found one, but there may be private property to cross, unsure. Might try it someday.

This time of year, the rangers are unable to reach the mountain lakes.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that I mind driving 64 - it's a nice road, especially in a sports car. But a "short cut" would be nicer yet when in an MV. PM me a phone number, let me know what you have in mind and I'll try to research this end of it.

Unfortunately, the ranger station is right by the lake here. And I'm hoping to stay on their good side and talk them into letting me do some ice racing on the lake.

Gu3

I'll keep you in mind come spring. There are a few back roads between you and I, and the one that seems to come out on your end, does so north/east of Chama. I'll trace it out again on google earth in the future so that I can be more specific. I still need to get my rig tagged and insured before I plan a trip. Right now I have been keeping it on my ranch running fence line and checking livestock.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still need to get my rig tagged and insured before I plan a trip.
If you can make it here, there's no real need for having a licensed vehicle. The cops are used to seeing strange ex-military machinery on the streets and roads.
You'd have to come up with something weirder than Soni Honegger's contraptions to get their attention.

Desertshark

So I know this is crazy and a bit of a long shot. But anybody fab up a pretty cool rear bumper to tow a travel trailer 5th wheel or gooseneck ? If so pm I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't even dream about towing a gooseneck trailer with a receiver and ball mount. Or, maybe I would do it.
But only if I didn't have a proper gooseneck hitch yet.IMG_2150.jpg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not familiar with the butt of an M931, but it should be easy enough to build a gooseneck or 5th wheel mount for one if that's what you crave.
Never did get around to it, but wanted to make a 2-1/2" vertical "receiver" for the Pete, positioned right behind the 5th wheel, and drop a B&W turn-over ball in it for trips to the gravel pit as pictured above. Bought a 5th wheel to gooseneck adapter instead.
In your case, why not put a 2-1/2" vertical "receiver" in the far back?

DaninNM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey.....on the weekend, the cul de sac in front of my shop is EMPTY----great place for a rally and El Pinto parking lot is available too---the owners love MVers and the food is great! Come and see the ship and armor collection. Wish the ABQ club would get over meeting in the cold, unfriendly Vet Park Bldg and get back toa restaurant for SUnday Breakfast....it was a bullsh*t move by someone ignorant of business issues that got us out of the FURRS CAFETERIA....(why in the **** were we having a MV meeting on the Sunday of Mother's Day anyway!!!!!)
M18 Hellcat
M3A1 White
M16 HT - quad 50
Staghound
57mm gun
WC26
CUCV
M172A1 TRAILER
m37 x2
G506
M-GATOR
M8
M4 trailer w/ M2 Bofors 40mm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks