• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compatible transmissions for the M35a3 with the cat 3116

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was long ago decided that the 3053 was the only trans that would fit and that the OD kit I made was the only option to get what you want. There was very little interest in my kit even though I gave them away at cost so they are no longer available.
FWIW, I am so happy that Tom made this kit and made me believe that I could actually install it (and I could!). One of the best mods ever for my truck. I put this ahead of power steering and expensive tire upgrades, personally. The quality is outstanding and the driveability is greatly improved.

rustystud

FWIW, I am so happy that Tom made this kit and made me believe that I could actually install it (and I could!). One of the best mods ever for my truck. I put this ahead of power steering and expensive tire upgrades, personally. The quality is outstanding and the driveability is greatly improved.
I agree ! That is why I wished I had not posted about Tom's overdrive kit I bought from him until I could afford to buy another one. After I posted about his kit, they all sold out.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing this up to see the current thoughts on going to a Spicer 3053 in my 4x4 M35A3 project for it's high final gear. All 4 brake cylinders are 1 1/2" on the 50/50 system, so brakes are not an issue. 395 GY rated to 65 mph. Anyone have low mile Spicer?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for information about mounting a Fuller FSO 6406a or 8406a to the Cat ?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boneyard has a C6500 with a Cat 3116 and FS 5306A but not FSO 6406a (overdrive) Eaton-Fuller. So I will try to buy the flywheel, clutch, housing and continue search for the FSO (overdrive).

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somebody made the comment on FB that the FS 5306 a could be made overdrive with gear changes. Anyone confirm that ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks