• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Family Gathering

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is nothing more sacred than time with your sons. Now lets throw in a recovery at Ft Meade. My son Matt (the one and only Powerhousedeuce, master of the M818 offrorad) worked 11-7 last nite so when he got off I met him and we headed to Ft Meade to recover my M1009. It fired right up, Matt drove it around the lot to confirm no bent drive shaft or Murphy -like issues and we loaded it onto the trailer. Off we went. I went back to work, oh yea I was working today, and he went home to sleep. I parked my truck, trailer and M1009 outside my office and the questions started. I could have sold it today for 50% more than I paid for it but that is another tale...This 1009 may be a keeper. No rust. Dented fender but it has a new MC, 3/4 tank of fuel, solargizer that works, rifle racks, and no tears in the seats. This is a nice truck. So I got home and was barely capable of unloading it from the trailer ( without sons), I locked in the hubs, threw it in 4 wheel drive and hit the muddy corn fields across the street from me. I found my only problem. The light for the 4 wheel drive is out, but 4 wheel works great. Was up to the axles in mud and it was no stopping this truck...Now back to reality... I am so thankful to have my sons who help me and share this hobby. Who work all night and love heading to GL with Dad, as much as I do. When I head to GL , the employees ask them where they were last week. What a hobby...What a pair of sons. I am a blessed man.

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just for them to pass it on! Brother, I'm sure they will, you raised them!

Oh, BTW, that looks like my old truck!

It may be your old truck. There are stains in the drivers seat!!!!CARNAC will let me know its history. My sons will be the ones who will carry on this hobby once i am dirt...

jaxsof

It may be your old truck. There are stains in the drivers seat!!!!CARNAC will let me know its history. My sons will be the ones who will carry on this hobby once i am dirt...
Takes alot to stain a vinal seat cover, but then, MREs are awfully caustic.

Happy Thanksgiving, Dudley and family

and to the whole SS family!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks