• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FREE-O Trailer in NY

grem

CLIFF NOTES:
Free-o M105 Trailer, you pick-up in Goshen. eta: TRAILER IS GONE.
Thanks to everyone who expressed interest or had disposal suggestions.
A SS member picked it up and it is currently living in NJ.
Maybe he'll be kind enough to post a picture of it one day when it's all gussied up and hooked up to his truck.

LONG VERSION:
I bought this about a year ago in the hopes of mating it with a M35 Deuce and a Half.
The truck never materialized and the trailer has sat around wasting my valuable storage space.
After heated discussion with the wife unit, I have concluded it must go and soon.

The details:
M105A2
1971 (maybe 70 or 72) Kaiser
GovLiq purchase maybe May '10
empty weight @ #2200
Large Lunette for Pintle
Good working condition. comes with rails, cover and bows.
Bows are a little crappy and should be replaced.
Surge brake LOOKS to be working, not tested.
Decent tires.
24 volt system still intact
No pics; if you don't know what this trailer looks like, it's not what you want. Trust me.

The fine print:
This trailer is LARGE. It is NOT an M101 that you see pulled behind jeeps and such. It is TWICE the size of 101s.
Designed to be pulled by a M35 or M1001 2 1/2 ton truck.
You need a 3500 series truck or jacked up 2500 to pull it properly.
I got it home from PA using my lifted Dakota but that is not something I'd recommend (it kicked my Dak's ass).
You need a pintle to take it.
It is currently located in Goshen NY, about a mile from the now defunct Bob's/Rix Gun Exchange.
That is where you need to go to get it. I'm not going to drive it over to Montauk or Rochester for you, so don't ask.
You'll also need to get there WHEN I can meet you there.
It's free.
I don't really care what you do with it, however, if you take it with the intent to sell it, the gentlemanly thing to do would be to offer me a small percentage of the profit.
Let your conscience be your guide.
This trailer is subject to ITAR, so no smuggling over the border to supply your Canadian terrorist buddies.
No title or regi. That is on you to figure out. (Either homemade or register in Maine)
Did I mention that it's LARGE.

The bottom line:
First confirmed date and time of pickup gets it.
Not the first "I'll take it, will call you someday to figure out where you'll deliver it"
If you want it or know someone who would, PM or email me to discuss details.
This is also offered locally and on other forums, will edit post to reflect when it's gone.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2,800 miles for me. EACH way. I can be there just after **** freezes over. If anyone can get there before then - you're welcome to it.

CycleJay

Hehehe,

It figures, for me it is too far and too big. As I have an M1009.
And need a M416, or similar..

Darn.. Just my luck..

Goodnight,

CJ

RealCavDog

I think it's pretty cool how you described and posted it ! Seems you are familiar with the "I'll take it off your hands if you deliver it and fix it first" syndrome of giving !

Surprised you just don't call a scrapper to come get it, but again, great thought and effort ! I could use another one at that price, but all the good stuff seems to be on the coasts !

Good luck and hope this makes Mama happy, if you get rid of it that is !

Jay

Jersey4x4

Put my name in the hat for the trailer. My days are flexible so I can work around your scheduled. I want the trailer for my own use so I wont be selling it. Thanks & Merry Christmas

DeucesWild11

Hmm, probably too late but thought I would throw my name in as well. I live in Mahopac NY and bought my truck in Middletown so I am familiar with the drive.. If it is road worthy I would come and get it whenever it is best for you. Let me know and I will be there with my Deuce. Do I need to register that thing first to take it home??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks