• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck in full throttle multi

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did what they said to in this thread and the truck started and ran like it was supposed to. My conclusion is that letting them sit a long time with the kill cable pulled out does this. It was my habit to do this in case a youngster jumped in the truck it would not start. I now just unhook the batteries and push it back in for long sleeps.
But leaving the shut down pushed in if the fuel control sticks it will go to full throttle. Do you want a no start and fix the problem or wide open throttle and have many problems. Leave the shut down cable pulled out.

Last edited:

olly69

But leaving the shut down pushed in if the fuel control sticks it will go to full throttle. Do you want a no start and fix the problem or wide open throttle and have many problems. Leave the shut down cable pulled out.
My cable will not stay pulled out, it springs back in when released. Is that bad? thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
5hats not 5he way its supposed to work. Usually the stop gets stripped like that when someone doesn't use 5he cable right. Have you tried twisting the handle? Some folks rotate the handle so the stop doesn't engage

olly69

5hats not 5he way its supposed to work. Usually the stop gets stripped like that when someone doesn't use 5he cable right. Have you tried twisting the handle? Some folks rotate the handle so the stop doesn't engage
The weather is supposed to get above freezing tomorrow. I shoveled 13" of snow off of the deuce. Hope to get to work on it then. thanks! so thankful for you guys....

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a sticky. Should be part of maybe half year / yearly maintenance to pull off shut down cover and check for sticky fuel control. Seems like it would be easer to correct / free it up if it was getting sticky before it sticks bad enough to cause WOT. I went to inspect a truck that the shut down cable was left in. I started it and it went to full throttle but got lucky it was only sticky and not stuck. The shut down cable was able to over come it and I got it shut down. If the fuel control gets locked / stuck the cable might not work. This is a problem seen too many times because people do not know or will not take off the shut down cover and inspect a truck that is not known to them.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sticky fuel control is not covered in any TM. The whole injection system is covered in the TM for the Deuce and the Troubleshooting manual. Don't believe the sticky fuel control was a problem they could foresee or needed to cover in a TM. The problem seems to come with time and what's in the fuel causing the problem of the build up of said tarnish. Catch the problem early if there is one and leave the shut down pulled out after use is my.02. You could be checking for hydro lock every time you go to start the truck so the shut down will be pulled out and ready to test. Shut down out hit the starter if all good and she is spinning keep the button pushed same time push in shut down and off we go. Makes you look like a pro.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks