• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M886 Ambulance

Wy-m880

Well got off the phone today, with the owner of Mark body, nice man gordie, and knows his stuff, got some old stock doors coming for the m886, and the parts to repair the handles and what nots, and alot of useful info on the m886, and any m1010 owners this man is the father of this vehicle, also gave me leads to interchangeable parts

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well got off the phone today, with the owner of Mark body, nice man gordie, and knows his stuff, got some old stock doors coming for the m886, and the parts to repair the handles and what nots, and alot of useful info on the m886, and any m1010 owners this man is the father of this vehicle, also gave me leads to interchangeable parts
Sweet! You found Gordy!, man it's been several years, the contact info I had went bad (changed) When I last talked to him they were still making bodies for TACOM, at that time he was trying to sell out.
I am pretty sure the doors are M1010 doors. Same as M886, just missing a bolt hole for the hinge / jerry can holder.
PM me his contact info please.

ironbulance

my back doors are pretty good got some indents not too bad, none of the linkage in doors was working for the lock mechanism when I got the truck 12 years ago but with some penetrating oil everything works like a charm now, I don't think anyone ever oiled up the mechanism ever before I bought it, they had a hasp with a pad lock holding doors together that must have been a noisy ride & dusty if they were off roading, glad to hear you can get those doors:beer:

Wy-m880

they got a big price tag, but i need them badly, obsolete parts are pricey but finding NOS obsolete parts are priceless, especially factory and tooling direct, but i want good door closing up here in these high alt. and i now wish i held off on widening the cab entry too, but got plans i removed the first 1in brace on passenger side and folded aluminum panel over need to clean it up but it now makes passes between cab to back more easily for fam and i, since im 6'6" it hard to pass, and was talking about that to gordie and he said id never pass in a m1010 then due to small cabin door, but learned of production and what of our habits (m886) and other OD green items. And any clubs looking for m1010 to m886 productions parts might want to restore ambulances might want too pool together, single parts are $ but he is a bussiness man bulk is cheaper to produce than single, and i got word straight from the mouth of the horse, after hunting and researching i got to the source, here is a pic i admire during my search!!:beer:

Attachments

Wy-m880

Well color scheme changed, sanded to rough it up and started over only part is hood that is left, it seems it need a day with no wind!!, been 63 straight days of non stop wind! been waiting word that my back doors are at the terminal needing picked up, so stoked, will post asap!

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hay can I get you to post a couple pictures of how the cleavis mounts are attached to the frame? A buddy gave me a set of those mounts for my wifes 86rc so we could tow bar it to the rallies and kinda use it as a A.T.V. for running back and forth to the bath house. I know the frames are a little different but I think I can make them work with out to much work.

indy4x4fab

Banned
So they actually bolt to the front cross member? It seems like if you pulled to hard on them you would just rip the front cross member off the truck.

Wy-m880

um, your supposed to take it out of park first before towing it!, :funny:, but i dont think its meant for yanking, both my trucks have bent hooks and yes cross members bend well, kind of flaw they had i guess, **** for the hooks they added a longer peice of metal cause the hook was bigger than cross member, accually thinking i had a 84 rc that had factory hooks that looked way tougher than these

indy4x4fab

Banned
I think I'm going to play around with this idea and maybe make a couple improvements I'll keep you posted and post pictures when its all done. Thank you for posting the pictures for me, it was a big help.

Wy-m880

thanks s and c , was good but waiting for nicer weather to phosphate them and paint, till then i focused on my other love, my Crown Vic, but bought a ecm from a 99 Police Interceptor, which it made a difference in performance in a civilian version firmer shifts, higher power band, and no big brother 96mph governor, top end is"Unlimited" but down fall of this fun was i broke the **** Dupont nylon composite intake, FYI a major recall for these, mine only having 87k on it some how didnt make the recall, it was old ladys car, but saturday night left me stranded 150 mi. from home at my brothers place, and by some luck the boondocks o'rielys had one
2 hours later i was on my way back home. *note to self older stuff is soooo better than new stuff:grd:

Attachments

BikerBi11

Nice score Chuck!! Now we both got ambus. I havent forgotton about you either. Trying to get in touch with a guy in Baggs that has an M880. have tried several times and still trying. be a good parts truck for you if i ever get in touch with him.

m880 unimog

enjoyed the thread and especially all the pictures-nice score -looks like your new dodge will be happy among its own kind.
always good to hear somone finding hard to find parts.
-i put an ask up here on SS for a part i,ve after for years-next day he had it in the post-and just just charged me freight-[thumbzup]-made my day

Wy-m880

Recently Got a 1990 Dodge w250 w/CTD and next step would be placing the whole drive train under the M886, Specs are Typical 5.9 12valve CTD 60F/70R-3.07Ratio TF-727trans, Newer intercooler and hx35 turbo, Nice is that its auto so it will fit nicely as OEM, but some had taken and swapped out the cab with a 79 club cab and as it looks the dash bolted in no problem

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks